Caribou Gear Tarp

Big Frustrating Let-Down

In fairness to Rob at Shedhorn Sports, I should post how the rest of this story played out.

I had been told to call the store on Monday evening to see if the other guy, "Steve", had showed up to buy that rifle. I was reluctant because I was still feeling owly about the whole runaround I'd gotten on Saturday, but I went ahead and called. I spoke to the owner, Rob Gallentine, who said "Steve" had not shown up that day, so the rifle was mine if I still wanted it. He had some business to tend to in Whitehall and said he'd be willing to drive on over the pass to Butte because he remembered me from the gun show and felt bad about how that situation went down. We talked it over a bit, discussed the specs and price of the rifle, so ultimately he brought it over to Butte so I could have a look at it. It fits the bill of everything I'd been looking for so, I wrote him a check in the parking lot of the Town Pump.

So, the long and the short, I was pretty upset about the wild goose chase last Saturday. Time is a very precious resource to me and my family these days, but in the end I really appreciate the Rob being willing to work it out like he did.

And the rest of the story. I thought I should put it out there.

And so now I really need to get out and shoot the thing!

But realistically, that's not likely to happen until after Christmas. (sigh)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back