Zinke Fans, what more do you need?

mfb99

Well, the day has arrived. The DJT administration at the recommendation of Interior Secretary Zinke has made the decision to reduce Bears Ears and Staircase National Monuments by 2,000,000 acres.

Let that sink in for a minute.

No president in history has taken such an action against National Monuments – until now.

Every other president, Republican and Democrat have increased National Monuments and protected for generations the wilderness that is all of ours.

This president said that his action to reduce these National Monuments is one of the most important events of all time.

Think about that too. Think about what his and Zinke’s priorities are.

We are in a War, a war that is being waged against us the American People who are the true owners of Public Lands. They are OUR lands.

These lands are not DJT’s, Zinke’s, Hatch’s, the Koch brothers, or the Extraction Industry CEO’s who are Zinke’s handlers.

They are ours! Everyday citizens and Native Americans, we are the owners.

Many on this Forum can spot a poser like Zinke and see him for what he is – a swamp creature. Others however, stick up for Zinke, they stick up for the Extraction Industry.

Why?

For those folks, does your blind devotion to a political party or a person keep you from seeing the obvious before your eyes?

We are on a precipice of falling into a dark place when it comes to protecting our Public Lands. If we (the true owners) allow this precedence of rolling back the boundaries of National Monuments, it will never end.

Do you think these Swamp Creatures will stop with Bears Ears and Staircase. Heck no they won’t stop there. Why do you think there was a hidden item in the recent Tax bill to allow drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge?

These guys are driven by greed, by earnings per share. They do not give a rat’s behind for OUR Public Lands. To them these lands are nothing more than a commodity to be raped, pillaged and plundered.

For those who are in the fight, the good soldiers call your congressional leaders NOW.

Congressional Switchboard: 202-224-3121

For those who carry water for Zinke and the rest of the Extraction Industry, I hope you take a good look at what is happening and change your position. Drop the water bucket now…….

Don’t let them manipulate you, don’t let them baffle you with BS, don’t let them use some stupid wedge issue like the 2nd Amendment, to coerce you into acting against your own interest. Above all, don’t buy the lie of “It’s all Fake News”

Every person has the capacity to know what fake news is and what is not. It is simple, take a minimum of four news sources and if three of the four say the same thing, you can pretty much believe it. Don’t get stuck in the glue of proving your own biased opinions by using only one news source (or morning TV show).

Think, and think for yourself.

Cheers,

Mark

Ye Shall Be Free To Roam....

I think you should refrain from political rants and post helpful things for a change, you're not going to sway a single opinion with posts like this...

I'll second that and he obviously doesn't know what was signed today other than it has Trump's signature on it so in his mind it has to be bad!

Give it a break, you're boring the daylights out of everyone. Personally I'm pretty happy about Obama's activist agenda being reversed.

I guess the republicans can do no wrong then? I suppose you'll be happy when they push through their PLT agenda.

Good article on Zinke by Elliot Woods.
https://www.outsideonline.com/2266216/man-flies-his-own-flag

It could be said that the Zinke doctrine is not multiple use but maximum use. In pursuit of President Trump’s energy agenda, he’s pledged to throw open the gates to development on public lands on a scale that has not been seen for decades, if ever. Interior also oversees offshore leasing. In October, Zinke announced the largest lease sale in U.S. history, involving nearly 80 million acres in the Gulf of Mexico, including areas where a moratorium has been in place since the Deepwater Horizon spill. Bishop applauded the idea. “If we’re serious about energy dominance and long-term energy affordability, we must create certainty about future access in the Outer Continental Shelf,” he said in a press release. “Secretary Zinke should be commended for his leadership to create that certainty and realign Interior as a partner for industry.”
All this is happening at a time when oil and gas prices are near record lows, thanks in part to the fracking boom and a supply glut. This means that new ten-year oil and gas leases on public land will auction for peanuts and deliver meager royalties to the Treasury. The American people will get pennies on the dollar compared with what they could earn if sales of certain leases were delayed until the market made them lucrative for taxpayers rather than virtually free for developers. Though Zinke says he wants to make sure taxpayers get a fair deal on the sale of publicly owned resources, he personally led an effort at the request of the energy industry to do away with an Obama-era rule that boosted royalty revenues by eliminating loopholes that companies used to drastically reduce their obligations.

My favorite part of the story:

As Zinke and I casted over the ice-cold water, I noticed something funny about his setup. He kept struggling to strip line out of the bottom of the reel. For a while, I thought he was simply having trouble concentrating on our conversation while casting. No, there was something wrong, and when I asked him to stand for a portrait, I finally saw what the problem was. He had rigged his reel backward, so that the line was coming out of the top of the reel. Every so often when he went to strip line out, he would grasp air where the line should’ve been.

Seems like an inconsequential thing, but in Montana, it’s everything.

LOL, and Elliot finishes with the ultimate insult for a Montanan... [typing at the same time as Ben...]
As Zinke and I casted over the ice-cold water, I noticed something funny about his setup. He kept struggling to strip line out of the bottom of the reel. For a while, I thought he was simply having trouble concentrating on our conversation while casting. No, there was something wrong, and when I asked him to stand for a portrait, I finally saw what the problem was. He had rigged his reel backward, so that the line was coming out of the top of the reel. Every so often when he went to strip line out, he would grasp air where the line should’ve been.

Last edited:
My favorite part of the story:

Reminiscent of the Steve Daines campaign commercial "depicting" him and family fishing at a Bozeman urban pond with spanking new fishing gear freshly removed from the packaging - common thread here??..........

Good thing he has that cowboy hat on. The brim may prevent the Bob Wards Korean made Royal Wulff from ending up buried in his ear............

Last edited:
Give it a break, you're boring the daylights out of everyone. Personally I'm pretty happy about Obama's activist agenda being reversed.

shall we reverse Roosevelt's activist agenda too? After all that's exactly what he was, a progressive environmental activist president.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back