Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Books

yacantski

Hey all, I need some recommendations on hunting books to add to my tablet wondering if people could post some of there favorite hunting books or short story collections. Thank You.

Pretty much anything by E. Donnall Thomas Jr. My favorite is "By Dawns Early Light", but another good one of his is "To All things a season". "Don't shoot the decoys" By Doug Larson is also really good. Also "Fish won't let me sleep" By James R Babb is a good one.

Every book written by outdoor humorist, Patrick F. McManus. You'll laugh till you cry.

Mule Deer Quest by Walt Prothero

One Man's Wilderness by Warren Page

Most anything hunting related by John Barsness

I'll also second the CJ Box books.

Anything that was written by Jack O'Connor. They have several books that have his magazine articles piled together. The Cabela's family books on Africa are also very good

Any of Russell Annabell's series, Any Jack O'connor, Peter Capstick is good, and Robert Raurk

Ruark is correct spelling of the above recommended author if you were to search for him. "Something of Value" was written in the mid 50's, and he captured with tone of the era quite well. I feel like he really understood African ways and described them well.

McManus & CJ Box are all great.

I've been reading all Rinella's stuff (American Sportsman, American Buffalo & Scavageners Guide to Haute Cuisine)
And recently Big Sky by A.B. Guthrie. All were good reads.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back