Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Gear Pile for Elk

noharleyyet

The years spin pretty fast when you benchmark Octobers...literally still have sealed totes of stuff from last year to qualify. I've been fortunate to have my son hunt with me the last 4 seasons in CO so it will be with mixed emotions heading out dark a.m.Thursday solo....

On my list is to download a few good audio books and lots of black coffee....hopefully a grip and grin & tall tale to share.

Best of luck to all during CO First Rifle Elk.

Good luck Ken. Come back with lots of pictures.

Best of luck Ken. I know you're rifles are ready. Look forward to progress reports. mtmuley

Solo hunts are not necessarily better or worse. They are just different. Different challenges and different rewards. Enjoy it for what it is.
Good luck!

Best of luck Ken! Be safe and shoot straight...watch yer top knot.
We'll hold the fort down and be waiting on that grip n grin.

Good luck and drive safe.

I've got some audio books downloaded for my trip already. I still have some work to get done but should hit the road headed north sometime Thursday as well.

I've got a little farther to go to Wyoming though. From what I understand the area I will be hunting in the Bighorns will be pretty close to OTC units in Colorado on opening morning.

Ken, I am sure nothing can replace hunting with Jr, but solo in the mountains is a cathartic experience that we too rarely get to enjoy....

Godspeed and we'll be looking forward to the report.

I suspect I missed out on the "Good luck!" send-off, but I hope as you read this upon your return, you have a tired back, blood under your fingernails and a full freezer of elk meat.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back