First Antelope

Southern Elk

I drew my first antelope tag this year and was fortunate enough to get one this morning(opening morning). I wasn't very picky because there are a lot of tags given out for a small area in this unit. I had told myself that I would shoot the first buck that I saw. I shot him at 220 yards about an hour after daylight this morning. I'm sorry for the crappy pictures. I was hunting alone with only the camera on my cell phone. I plan on doing a european mount. I will update the thread with those pictures once that's done.

Attachments

• antelope.jpg
    antelope.jpg
    188.1 KB · Views: 434
  • antelope2.jpg
    antelope2.jpg
    201.1 KB · Views: 436
Camera shots on Hunt Talk will Never equal Lope strips, with a burgundy glaze, seared onions & peppers , served over wild rice. I'm officially Jealous.

Congrats. I'm fortunate that antelope are my "freezer fillers." Love watching them, love hunting them, love eating them. Coolest animal in the USA.

Dude I'd be stoked with that on my first hunt if I ever get the chance at goats. Congrats on the kill and meat in the freezer.

Thanks everyone. We are cooking the first backstrap for supper tonight. It will be the first antelope we've eaten.

NEW Sitka Ambient 75

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lincoln's Poppi
Back