How far?

That is a too loaded question. Are you referring to an Alaska hunt, wilderness Montana, plains Wyoming, suburban Ohio, or the glades of Florida ? My biggest whitetail was just 200 yds from the front door. My B&C bear, 20 miles up in the White mountains and shot within a 1/4 mile from the dirt track.

Like others have said I have no set distance because we are hunting as soon as we leave the truck. We don't backpack in anywhere we just day hunt but sometime we probably walk/still-hunt 6-7 miles round trip from first light to last light.

2.5 miles to my closest stand,in other areas I have killed elk 500 yards from the road.

Sometimes the damn elk are in my yard. I'm first on their hit list, so mostly they are gone by legal shooting. I have a B tag though. And I bought some whitetail B tags. A couple of those flower eatin sumbitches are gonna see the business end of my 870. So, I may hammer something in my jammies. mtmuley

Pulled into the spot where we park to walk in and scout yesterday at 9am,90 head of elk busted out of the bottom and lined out on the ridge we were going to hike.....scouting complete.

Back