Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

What does he score

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends on the definition you use for trophy hunting. It's not much of a stretch, I don't think, to characterize your posted stance that passing a legal animal is trophy hunting. Under that premise, both Steven and Randy have done so at times on film...

That I do agree with. I'm disappointed every time they do, too. I tell myself it's early in the hunt and they need more film, but who knows.

Is this resentment from the reigning champion of the ugly girl contest, at bars, in his youth?

I know metaphors are tough Greenhorn -- I'll try to keep it simple for you

Last edited:
May your freezers and egos be fulfilled this fall, for all the right reasons..
forkie.jpg
frikinghugedeer.jpg

Havent laughed that hard in a while. Greenhorn is always good for a chuckle.

Havent laughed that hard in a while. Greenhorn is always good for a chuckle.

You realize the point he was making though don't you?

I had a moose tag last year. I passed on six bulls before I shot mine. All six of them were 1.5-2.5 year old bulls that would've yielded 200-250 pound of meat.

The bull I ended up killing was 10 years old and I got 390 pounds of meat off that thing. The fact that it came with a much larger rack was a bonus.

I realize now that in my youth, I clearly missed out on meeting the ultimate wingman, the guy with that odd moral compass which prevented him from not jumping on grenades.

You realize the point he was making though don't you?

I had a moose tag last year. I passed on six bulls before I shot mine. All six of them were 1.5-2.5 year old bulls that would've yielded 200-250 pound of meat.

The bull I ended up killing was 10 years old and I got 390 pounds of meat off that thing. The fact that it came with a much larger rack was a bonus.

No, I can't handle simple human sarcasm and humor.

That's wonderful. But here's something to consider. Antler size isn't necessarily correlated with a larger animal in a given population. And for every story like yours with some hypothetical and speculatory numbers, there's 5-10 others who went home empty handed because they passed up game and didn't get another chance. On average, it is factual that people with your mentality go home with less meat than those that shoot the first legal animal. If we were all so blessed as you to be thrown into a situation with a hundred moose in a line up and we could choose which one we wanted, then we'd all shoot the biggest. That's not reality though. Tags are expensive and I enjoy having meat to feed my family throughout the year, so I'm not going to gamble. That's what Vegas is for

I realize now that in my youth, I clearly missed out on meeting the ultimate wingman, the guy with that odd moral compass which prevented him from not jumping on grenades.

It's never too late! I'm happily married, but we can turn this whole forum site into a huntersmingle.com

No, I can't handle simple human sarcasm and humor.

That's wonderful. But here's something to consider. Antler size isn't necessarily correlated with a larger animal in a given population. And for every story like yours with some hypothetical and speculatory numbers, there's 5-10 others who went home empty handed because they passed up game and didn't get another chance. On average, it is factual that people with your mentality go home with less meat than those that shoot the first legal animal. If we were all so blessed as you to be thrown into a situation with a hundred moose in a line up and we could choose which one we wanted, then we'd all shoot the biggest. That's not reality though. Tags are expensive and I enjoy having meat to feed my family throughout the year, so I'm not going to gamble. That's what Vegas is for

Who's using hypotheticals? I counted the moose I saw. A friend of mine killed a 1.5 year old moose last year and confirmed how small they are. Meanwhile you're pulling out some random numbers about how many people who pass on animals go home empty handed? Where's your source for that?

Who's using hypotheticals? I counted the moose I saw. A friend of mine killed a 1.5 year old moose last year and confirmed how small they are. Meanwhile you're pulling out some random numbers about how many people who pass on animals go home empty handed? Where's your source for that?

I think most F&G put out success statistics for previous hunt years, unless they're using hypothetical random numbers too.

Last edited:
I think most F&G put out success statistics for previous hunt years, unless they're using hypothetical random numbers too.

And within that they divide it out by 'trophy hunters' who passed on game?

Not sure what it is about the internet that causes people to waste large amounts of time talking about stuff that means nothing, meanwhile the world of public lands and hunting is taking daily hits. I would suggest that people spend their time on something beneficial to the bigger picture.

I was on the road the last three days, got home at 1 am, woke up to this level of dialogue out here on the forum, so knowing I am off for four days of Board meetings starting tomorrow, I guess I will preemptively solve some of the behavior displayed on this thread.

Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back