What does he score

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is currently number 2 on my general archery public land hit list. Number 1 is around 15 inches bigger, but I have not been able to get any film of him. This buck is not a giant, but I would be thrilled to get him!

[video=youtube_share;W1sv7B8Ki6I]https://youtu.be/W1sv7B8Ki6I[/video]

155 to 165 gross? I'm not experienced at judging muleys. A whitetail I could come much closer, not real confident in those numbers. Somebody had to take a guess and start.

158-160, I'd be shooting before I even had time to think about it!!
Here is a 166 buck for reference.

1382927_10202428648144332_827374608_n.jpg

A nice clean 4x4. Pretty symmetrical, it's my buddies buck.

Good luck OP finding those bucks, keep us posted!

Who cares about the score? Scores are for impressing people on TV. If he gets you excited and you're proud of him, then shoot him.

No one has ever said anything more true in this forum. Worrying about a set of antlers is like finding the perfect woman in a bar that you have everything in common-- smart, funny, great job... oh but her rack isn't big enough so I'll pass up the shot. The question then shifts to are you actually looking to meet a great woman or are you just wanting a certain bra size? Do we hunt for meat, and the experience, and to be one with nature and everything else we tell people when they ask us or are we looking for antlers? I'd shoot a spike if it was big and legal

I never hunted with a ruler. For me it was always about hunting with friends and the experience, I like the meat more than horns, but I sure wouldn't pass-up a trophy.

No one has ever said anything more true in this forum. Worrying about a set of antlers is like finding the perfect woman in a bar that you have everything in common-- smart, funny, great job... oh but her rack isn't big enough so I'll pass up the shot. The question then shifts to are you actually looking to meet a great woman or are you just wanting a certain bra size? Do we hunt for meat, and the experience, and to be one with nature and everything else we tell people when they ask us or are we looking for antlers? I'd shoot a spike if it was big and legal

Guys:

That's all 'noble and everything'.......BUT.....the original poster asked folks what they thought the buck would measure. If you're not personally into that, then don't reply. Why post something that has a negative connotation about it?

Guys:

That's all 'noble and everything'.......BUT.....the original poster asked folks what they thought the buck would measure. If you're not personally into that, then don't reply. Why post something that has a negative connotation about it?

To inspire and provide an alternate point of view. Nothing negative about giving an opinion and try to convince him that it's a damn fine buck regardless of score. Forums are, after all, discussion boards. If they were just for directly answering one's question, you would have sent me a PM and not started a side discussion that , ironically, also doesn't answer his question

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back