WY Units. How/Can i apply for both a Special Buck Tag and a Reduced Price Doe?

dannyb278

Alright,

As I understand it, a guy can shoot multiple antelope in some Wyoming units during the same season. My dad and I are applying for the Special Tag in a very high odds to draw unit with 0 points. We know the area well and feel comfortable hunting only on public land.

If possible, (because they taste so damn good) I would like to get a doe tag as well. Provided I draw my special tag, do I have to wait for the surplus drawing, or can I apply for the reduced doe tag immediately and not ruin my chances to draw the buck tag?

I hope this question makes sense.

im pretty sure they're seperate drawings not affecting each other.

Last edited:
Danny I applied special for an LE either sex tag and also applied for reduced price doe fawn in the same unit. I believe the reduced doe/fawn tag is a random draw, separate from the LE either sex draw. If not, guess I need to change my app before the deadline :eek:

Once you apply for the Either sex tag you can click the option to apply for another tag and it will direct you to the screen for what you want to apply for. I had some confusion at first, but the fish and game office helped me walk right through it. We all party apped on the any antelope and just did individual on the doe/with no problem. If you apply in the first draw you are limited to two doe/fawn tags, and you pay $48 dollars per tag, if you wait until the second draw it will be cheaper the way I understand they don't charge the application fee in the second draw from what fish and game told me.

There will be few if any in the leftover draw this year, I believe.
You can apply for doe tags separately and there is a withdrawal option on the app if you don't draw the buck tag, they will take you out of the doe drawing if you check that box.

Thanks all. I did end up applying for multiple doe tags with the option to withdraw should I not draw my full price application.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FelixMarvin
Back