Southern Idaho Bear Tag

neilmoore406

Hey everyone!

After having so much fun bear hunting in Montana, I had to buy an idaho bear tag when I moved down to Jackson, WY for the summer. This is my first non-resident tag and I am stoked to explore some new areas.

I chose Idaho over Wyoming because if I don't succeed this spring, I can use the idaho tag during the fall bear season while I am living in Missoula where I am very close to the idaho border. But hopefully I can get on some bears this next month!

Does anyone have any experience hunting black bears in the Victor/Driggs to Island Park areas of Idaho? I am willing to drive farther - these areas are just the closest to me in Jackson WY. I went out today with lots of snow and zero bear sign. So much of the good open cuts are still covered in snow up high. The green-up is super low right now that I am having trouble getting in deep and away from people.

Any suggestions or recommendations are greatly appreciated. Also, if anyone wants to join on a hunt, let me know! I will be going out every saturday and sunday from now until the end of the season.

Thanks!
Neil Moore

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrGeauxNewMexico
Back