Southern Idaho Bear Tag

neilmoore406

Hey everyone!

After having so much fun bear hunting in Montana, I had to buy an idaho bear tag when I moved down to Jackson, WY for the summer. This is my first non-resident tag and I am stoked to explore some new areas.

I chose Idaho over Wyoming because if I don't succeed this spring, I can use the idaho tag during the fall bear season while I am living in Missoula where I am very close to the idaho border. But hopefully I can get on some bears this next month!

Does anyone have any experience hunting black bears in the Victor/Driggs to Island Park areas of Idaho? I am willing to drive farther - these areas are just the closest to me in Jackson WY. I went out today with lots of snow and zero bear sign. So much of the good open cuts are still covered in snow up high. The green-up is super low right now that I am having trouble getting in deep and away from people.

Any suggestions or recommendations are greatly appreciated. Also, if anyone wants to join on a hunt, let me know! I will be going out every saturday and sunday from now until the end of the season.

Thanks!
Neil Moore

Back