Yet another Wyoming draw question

brianfromtulsa

My question deals with party applications. I have several points for Wyoming pronghorn but a buddy that wants to hunt them with me this year has none.

I don't want to burn mine at this time.

I want a zero unit buck tag and he wants a doe tag. What is the best way to proceed without burning my points?

would we enter him as party leader with type 6 first choice and me to shoot for the moon on my first choice with a zero buck choice second or can I leave my first choice blank to preserve the points and still be linked in the draw.

or just apply seperately

Sounds like you would have to apply separately. From the application booklet: "A party is a group of hunters who APPLY for hunting licenses for the same species, hunt area and type, with the expectation of receiving the same drawing results." So you cannot apply as a party unless you are both are hunting the same type of tag.

The link here: https://wgfd.wyo.gov/WGFD/media/content/PDF/Hunting/Drawing Odds/DRAW_ANT_PP_NONRES_2016.pdf will help you identify which areas had a zero preference point requirement to draw. It's been awhile, but I think you can apply for a type 1 tag and opt to NOT use your preference points when submitting your application.

You'll have to do separate applications. You can't mix type 1 and type 6 on a party app. They are completely different draws. I'm not aware of an option that would let you apply without using your preference points. There is an option for whether or not to include an point fee that would give you a point if you don't draw. You'll need to shoot for the moon on your 1st choice and go after your zero point unit with your second.

Type 6 tags are a separate drawing and don't use preference points. It is a random draw.

You need to do an individual application for type 1 or 2 tags. As far as not using your points... If you know what hunt you are saving points for, put that as your first choice. You will either get lucky and draw it in the random or not draw and get another bonus point. Then put the unit you want to hunt with your friend for does as your second choice.

Then you guys can do a party app for type 6 tags in the unit of your choice.

You can put in as a party.

Just put your first choice as your ideal unit, one that you would be happy to draw. And then put in for a tag that you can draw as a second choice.

As discussed your type 6s or 7s are a separate draw no points involved.

No, they can't put in as a party. He wants a buck tag and his friend wants a doe tag.

Back