Yeti GOBOX Collection

Buying on ebay?

rtraverdavis

After hemming and hawing for the last few months over which new binoculars I'm actually going to buy, I've decided to go with the 10x42 Zeiss Conquest HDs. I had originally settled on Leupold BX3 Pro Guides, but have decided to sell a fly rod and pontoon boat to be able to afford a pair of binos that I won't want to upgrade in a couple years. I checked out the Conquests outside, in low light at Cabelas today along side the BX3s and some Leica Trinovids, and thought the Zeiss were incredible.

Anyway, I see on ebay that there are several sellers that have new Conquests for sale from between $700 and $800, as opposed to the standard $1,000 price I see everywhere else. Seems weird to me. Gets me excited to save some money, but I'm wondering how they get away with selling brand new binoculars for 20-30% less than anywhere else. Anyone have experience buying new stuff from ebay? Am I missing something? Should I beware?

If there has been an upgrade to that model recently, it could be the old one. Sometimes somebody will buy up stuff on clearance and do that. I think camofire has had some recently. So there may have been an upgrade to zeiss binoculars. I would check and recheck to make sure its what you wanted. Message the seller and only buy if they have an A+ rating. Most of them allow you to return it if its not what you want. Good luck.

Not sure about Zeiss, But some companies do not offer any kind of warranty if purchased from ebay. Check into that for sure before you pull the trigger.

Leupold has a warning on their site about counterfeit glass from eBay. It is a good write up, if they are doing it to them there I would imagine they are doing it to other top end glass. Ask the seller for the serial number and contact the manufacturer to verify it is a legitimate product before buying if you want the real thing and not a knock off.

My best friend bought some Swarovski SLC's that were supposed to be the new HD ones. Got them yesterday and they're the all black ones and were made in 2000. Currently going through the return process because he doesn't believe we are warranted a refund.

Last edited:
I feel pretty confident buying through ebay. Ebay backs the buyers (indirectly) so if they flake out, you have recourse with ebay. Look at their feedback, and if the recent feedback is good, I feel confident buying. I have made countless purchases, returned a few items. I don't heistate to check it for gear.

I have had a good experience buying used gear on eBay and can't really speak on new gear. I would recommend that you check out Amazon Warehouse deals through Amazon. They sell items that have been returned basically because the boxes had been opened and they can't sell the product as new. I bought a pair of older Bushnell Legends for $95!
I see awesome deals all the time. Just click where it says "other offers" or "new and used from". They have a pair for $850 now.

I have bought a few things on Epay & they were what was discribed. There are scams on there tho.
Brand new in box Lowas & Zeiss Conquest scope.Registered the scope with Zeiss & use the Zeiss program to dial in loads for the rapid z reticle system.
The scope was $200 less than lowest from any dealer. The Lowas were almost half price.

I buy tons of stuff on eBay 3-4 purchases a week. I think all my optics came from eBay to be honest. I have never once had an issue, just use a little common sense if the user has 2 feedback and is selling something for a ridiculous price then stay away.

Thanks for all the advice guys. Lots to chew on here, and I'm feeling like paying more for peace of mind is worth it. When I gamble, I usually lose.
The eBay sellers that I'm looking at all have above 99% positive reviews, but I'd rather buy from Randy11 anyway--if they're still for sale by the time I'm ready to buy. I'm just not quite ready. The funds aren't put together quite yet. Another couple weeks to a month to sell this stuff. Maybe I'll put up the fly rod and reel up in the classifieds...

Last edited:
Be wary of that guy.

Not sure if this is serious or joking but I have a pair or conquest HD's that are ready to hit the market. They have an outdoorsman bino stud already installed for running them on a tripod. They are in like new condition with the original packaging and everything that came with them new. I can't find any defects of any sort. Let me know if your interested.

Not sure if this is serious or joking but I have a pair or conquest HD's that are ready to hit the market. They have an outdoorsman bino stud already installed for running them on a tripod. They are in like new condition with the original packaging and everything that came with them new. I can't find any defects of any sort. Let me know if your interested.

It's a joke...Randy11 is good people

I have Leica duovid 10+15×50 listed on ebay. If you have good credit paypal has a 6 month pay plan 0%. Makes it easier ÷ 6

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
believeinyourself
Back