Colorado Bill might raise license fees up to 50%

As a NR I am in favor of this. I am fine with paying more money then a resident but at the same time our price goes up every year. At some point they will start losing NR's (if they haven't already) and we found the majority of their budget.
Statistically, I think your statement lacks proof. IMO, the only time you'll see a decrease in NR hunters is when they lower the amount of OTC tags. NR tags for elk went down 678 from 13/14 to 14/15. Very insignificant number when the total is 68k.

I guarantee they make all of it back in interest... and if they don't their controller is a moron.
Well, and I'm sure Oak knows this better than I, but I do not believe that CPW is allowed to collect interest on the money by law. Pretty sure that makes the controller above moron status.

Ironically, this subject is getting more run here than in the actual state specific thread...

Probably because I used the official name of the bill as thread title instead of 'License Fee Increases' - need to work on my clickbait skills, I guess :)

I was at a CPW meeting a few weeks back where they said it was about $3 million. I expect to see this change next year. Credit cards won't get hit until you draw the tag!

I'm curious to know how much money is wasted by Colorado sending money back and forth for 2-3 months for everyone?

I was at a CPW meeting a few weeks back where they said it was about $3 million. I expect to see this change next year. Credit cards won't get hit until you draw the tag!

Soooo, which one will be first. The "Backdoor" threads or "CO hitting CC" threads.:rolleyes:

Well, and I'm sure Oak knows this better than I, but I do not believe that CPW is allowed to collect interest on the money by law. Pretty sure that makes the controller above moron status.

From what I remember from the "Funding the Future" meetings, this is correct. CPW is not legally allowed to collect interest on the money they are temporarily holding.

Also, if anyone reads the 2017 Big Game booklet, you'll see they are working on switching to a better payment system. Comments are not falling on deaf ears.

A couple items which I take issue with that aren't getting much attention are 1. The license processing fee increase to $20 for myself who averages 4 preference points a year from CO that means $80 compared to $12 for points. Three of the species I may never draw in my lifetime. Thats a lot to ask for the hope of a hunt. 2.. Additionally one restriction prohibits the new revenue from being spent on license fee acquisition properties. If I read that correctly CPW could not purchase new state wildlife areas with that restriction in place. Limiting increased ownership of public lands by the agency.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back