Senate sporting bill?

I skimmed the outline.

Claims to increase shooting ranges on PL, to list and seek to improve access to inaccessible tracts, to utilize the Wildlife and Hunting Heritage
Conservation Council
as formal advisor, to require many annual or biennial reports to be posted, to (ostensibly) limit closures to short-term and temporary (this one looks sneaky), etc.

Am I reading correctly that bows and crossbows could be used by qualified volunteers to manage wildlife inside (national) parks? Sign me up!!

Am I reading correctly that bows and crossbows could be used by qualified volunteers to manage wildlife inside (national) parks? Sign me up!!

I'd add my name to the list of volunteers for sure. Imagine all of the income the USFWS is missing out on by not having an auction and lottery tag system for game species on national parks. If, for example, Yellowstone had a single lottery elk tag (with no impact on the rest of WY/ID/MT hunting tags) and a fundraising auction tag, the Park Service could bring in a ton of money with almost zero impact on the ecosystem. It wouldn't be a good form of "management" per se, but it could raise a fair amount of cash that could go toward "other efforts."

This is of course just one NP. If it were possible, I'd donate $5-10 to several NP's every year if I had the opportunity to hunt them. I hope this bill finally passes.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back