Yeti GOBOX Collection

One hasn't melted yet

Took this picture out of the front window this afternoon. Sorry about the poor quality. However, it appears that one deer hasn't thawed out yet. Actually this is the third spring we have seen her. Shows up real well on the trail camera at night.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170330-163602.jpg
    Screenshot_20170330-163602.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 817
Neat little leucistic doe. I would love to see one some day. Do you only see her in the winter/early spring or is she around all year?

Last edited:
Are there any regulations on them where you live? I think some states prohibit shooting them. We had a piebald doe here.on the farm for a few years. I couldn't bring myself to think about pulling the trigger.

Are there any regulations on them where you live? I think some states prohibit shooting them. We had a piebald doe here.on the farm for a few years. I couldn't bring myself to think about pulling the trigger.

Cool deer. There were a couple piebald does around my Dad's place for a few years. The first piebald doe had four fawns that I know of. One of those was piebald. The first doe was 3 years old when she was hit on the road. The second piebald made it 5 years before a car was her demise. She used to bed within a hundred yards of my parent's house. We could have shot her many times but it just never felt right. On a visit back east during late muzzleloader season, my son killed her button buck fawn for his first deer. I didn't tell him he couldn't shoot the doe but he understood that my parents thought it was pretty cool to have her around so he never hesitated to shoot the fawn instead of the doe. Never thought I'd be sentimental like that, but it felt right at the time. She was hit by a car the following spring.

Attachments

• Dwayne and Jenn wedding, Timothy's deer 017 (1).jpg
    Dwayne and Jenn wedding, Timothy's deer 017 (1).jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 641
Awesome stort Gerald. The piebald on our farm almost didn't make it past june of her first year. I was mowing hay with my oldest son and she came up out of the grass right in front of the mower. She could barely jump high enough to even move. I would see her every month or so until she got older. The neighbor would always call me to see if I had seen her before after and during season. She made it three years but I never knew what happened. She never got very big was the strange thing abouy her.

leucistic

2 new words on me that i had to Google!

We get these in the UK, there are 2 schools of thought, they give away the position of normal coloured deer, so making it easier for us when we are hunting, the other is as above, but the poachers make use of them for that reason, for me, i always leave them alone, they are cool to see.

Cheers

Richard

This is her 3rd year in the UP. She was born the spring of 2015. Got to see her with her mother. We are buck only in the eastern UP. Not sure about the regs on harvesting an albino. She has pink eyes and is completely white.

Thanks for sharing the picture.

Here in IN, a piebald or an albino, if seen on my property would move to the top of the "hit list". They are just cool looking.

Is it Wisconsin that they are protected? I'm not sure but I know at least one state protects them and their are some cool looking bucks.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing the picture.

Here in IN, a piebald or an albino, if seen on my property would move to the top of the "hit list". They are just cool looking.

I always thought I would be that way and I would still like to have one. I just realized with the one by my parent's place that it brought more satisfaction to see her around than to shoot her. I think it was because she was so visible.

I always thought I would be that way and I would still like to have one. I just realized with the one by my parent's place that it brought more satisfaction to see her around than to shoot her. I think it was because she was so visible.
I get that completely. I'd listen to Mom as well! I don't have that problem where I hunt. :D

My dad's friend let him hunt a small 5 point piebold buck on his farm one year. It cost dad a free deer mount for the privelge to hunt it. He hunted that deer harder than any other deer he ever hunted. He passed up several really nice deer to get it. Finally got it the last week of bow season and he did a beautiful life size mount of it. Beautiful deer up north farmer. Thanks for sharing.

This is her 3rd year in the UP. She was born the spring of 2015. Got to see her with her mother. We are buck only in the eastern UP. Not sure about the regs on harvesting an albino. She has pink eyes and is completely white.

There were a few around Marquette when I was growing up there. I don't think it was legal to shoot them.

Many many years ago, there was an Albino 4point (eastern terminology) hanging out on some land I own in Menominee County. My buddy from downstate Michigan came up for rifle season and opening morning I set him up in a stand near the area where the Albino was frequenting. I hadn't told him the Albino was around. After the morning hunt, I met up with him; he was excited and he said, you'll never guess what was bedded down near me most of the morning.....an Albino buck. I played it off like he was a full of chit city boy for about a day, then I finally told him I had seen it several times. Since the, I've seen one other Albino on the property....a doe. It is legal to kill Albino's in Michigan.....since about 2008-2009, I believe.

Many many years ago, there was an Albino 4point (eastern terminology) hanging out on some land I own in Menominee County. My buddy from downstate Michigan came up for rifle season and opening morning I set him up in a stand near the area where the Albino was frequenting. I hadn't told him the Albino was around. After the morning hunt, I met up with him; he was excited and he said, you'll never guess what was bedded down near me most of the morning.....an Albino buck. I played it off like he was a full of chit city boy for about a day, then I finally told him I had seen it several times. Since the, I've seen one other Albino on the property....a doe. It is legal to kill Albino's in Michigan.....since about 2008-2009, I believe.

neat!
I left 20 years ago, so that would explain my dated information on shooting albinos

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrGeauxNewMexico
Back