Poll: Which trips would you pick?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I've done New Zealand 4 times DIY. I only do guided hunts where required by law, except for some goose hunts. Been doing AK diy so if I was forced to spend 30k on a hunt it would have to be for Brown Bear, Dall Sheep, Mt. Goat.

Blow it all in one year
    Alaska
    New Zealand
    Florida bikini bowfishing

3. Default

Leopard, Black Death, hippo and whatever else I could negotiate on the dark continent with my bow.

Dall sheep in Alaska and caribou if money permits.

I'd probably do a first class elk hunt and a first class muley hunt. If some money still left, a good whitetail hunt.
    Have done the AK thing and big travel hunts numerous times and now prefer hunts where I can bring home and enjoy the meat. Seemed almost sinful to me leaving whole moose and caribou carcasses in AK with the outfitter, and cost prohibitive to get it home.

I noticed everyone is all over the governors tag and guided pronghorn hunt. I would think you could almost guarantee something around 90" for that kind of money.

I guess that helps explain why you could still do something like that for less than $30K when a top tier governors tag and guide would be 6 digits minimum for something like a 400" elk or a 200" mule deer.

The crazy thing is that you probably have about the same chance killing a 400" elk or 200" mule deer on your own (maybe better) than you do of killing a 90" pronghorn on your own. Maybe 1 or 2 of them killed each year and it seems like they are always killed by the same dude.

7. Default

Archery Yukon Moose and Kodiak Brown. Any Excess on Arizona Elk and Giant Muleys

Have we got a backer yet. This is a great idea.

I am Alaska.

Good Question, I really don't know. Just read an article on two knuckleheads that effectively spent $30K between em' for 2 Bull Elk they could not even keep! Pathetic.

With $30K, I would probably spend a year trying to keep up with the Big Fin hunt schedule in multiple states (would need 6-8 months with a personal trainer before I could consider it though).

Tough Question.

I'd go for a unicorn

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123