Colorado Mule Deer Doe tag

nrpate05

Hey all, I've been a resident of CO for a couple years, but I have never had a muley doe tag in the state. I'm reading through the regs and I'm a bit confused. I'd like to apply for a buck tag as well, but It seems I can't put in for 2 deer tags in the draw. Is this the case? Do I have to bank on picking up a leftover tag to get 2 tags? Also, can I get a buck and doe tag for the same unit? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

You can only apply for 1 tag in the drawing. If you want a buck and a doe tag for the same unit, you would have to wait for the left over or returned tags. Lots of units it's easier to draw a buck tag than a doe tag
The is a lot of info on the statistics page. You can see what units have leftovers, from the previous years, but no guarentee it's the same this year.

Your doe license must be designated as List B, which is shown next to the hunt code in the brochure. You can only have one List A license and one List B, or two List B. Some doe licenses are List A, and all buck licenses are List A.

Yep to the above and bless oak for being a vestige of knowledge. If you want a buck tag and a doe tag in the same unit, you'll have to look at the draw stats and hope they hold true. Apply for a unit you can draw a buck tag initially and has leftover doe tags to pick up in August

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back