Vacation in Bellingham info?

sethkuhl

Heading to Bellingham WA for a family vacation. Wife and I are looking to do some river fishing for salmon or steelhead/ whatever. Any recommendations? Date is August 18-21. Any help would be appreciated.

Grew up in Bellingham. Its a nice place to visit. I always spent more time hunting than fishing and most of my time fishing was on the lakes and small streams for rainbow. The main river in Bellingham is the Nooksack. The South Fork is where I fished. If you want to travel a few miles, the Skagit, Skycomish has the hatchery and the Cascade is an option. All have good Steelhead and salmon fishing. Here is a link to a website with all the info fishwhatcom.com

I went to school up there and really enjoyed bass on Lake Whatcom. Salmon and Steelies were pretty scarce, the Skagit is worth the drive.

Spey yes, single-handed meh. I never actually touched a fish on the few forays I made down there, but I wasn't much of a steelheader then.

Spey yes, single-handed meh. I never actually touched a fish on the few forays I made down there, but I wasn't much of a steelheader then.

Well that is good to hear, I just built a 14foot 10 weight. Might have to sling some flies. Thanks for the info.

Id hire a guide if you have never fished it. Big river and lots to learn to know it and be successful

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
runoutdoors
Back