Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

22 Nosler

Interesting. They show a 55gr bullet at 3350fps. I can 3200-3300fps out of my 223wylde barrel now.
I would be interested in a 6mm nosler that would fit in a standard AR-15. I have been kicking the tires on a 6x45 or a 6mmAR but the cost is too high to justify right now.

The 22 nosler is attempting to fill a niche that does not exist and the advertised gains in velocity over the 223/5.56 are minuscule.

If you want a .22 that's faster than a .223 then just get a .22-250.

Only way I'd even look at that would be to offer that in bulk but that ain't gonna happen.

Elkantlers the 6x45 is an great round. I have 3 of them. I agree the 22 nosler has some wild cat potential for sure

.....run 6.8 Remington SPC magazines instead of 5.56 magazines and the swap out is complete.

...hooked on jargon. A little over 6% FPS gain but they sure can make it sound good.

First thing I thought was neck that to 6mm and now we're talking. Still a pretty nice round in .22.

Jeremy

...hooked on jargon. A little over 6% FPS gain but they sure can make it sound good.

Nosler is trying to hook another batch of suckers. There is no way this "New" .22 is ever going to compete with the .223/.556 cartridge. Ammo will be crazy expensive as will the brass. I'm thinking it'll be another big hit like the .17 mach2 or the 5mm Remington. When is the release date on the "New" .25 Nosler?

I think this is a good move for Nosler. Niche cartridges and rifles will have a better place now that supply has seemingly caught up. Lots of ARs out there that can be upgraded with an upper/mag swap. It'll never sell as many as 223/5.56, but that market is flooded. This would be sweet in one of Howa's mini actions! Probably only need a re-chamber and wouldn't have to mess with the bolt face.

i just read a bunch of articles concerning the 22 Nosler, while i'm sure the company is excited about releasing it, i hardly see the point, other than you get 22-250 performance in an AR platform. why not just make an AR in a 22-250 platform. personally i would've like to see a 6mm cartridge release or even better yet a 270 Nosler. that would get me excited!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back