Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Greendecoys

Of all the members on Hunttalk that are also members of BHA, I would venture to guess that I am the only "liberal, radical environmentalist" and, I just happen to own a fleet of V-8 and diesel pickups, a shit-ton of camo, so many guns in my safe that I actually have to push my shoulder to close the safe on the guns, and frequently toss my beer cans out the truck window while driving.

Diddo, but I only toss mine out the window and into the bed of the pickup because keeping them in the cab opens you up to an Open Container violation.

Another Green Decoy here. Pro-life, conservative, general contractor that makes a living with my hands in rural MT. Given the labels that "fellow conservative" sleezball Berman tosses around, I feel a lot more comfortable chumming around with a liberal radical environmentalist like Jose than the guy producing that hit piece.

Alas, conservatives have spent the last 8 years convincing themselves that bashing Obama and the Federal government was actually an effective way of advocating issues they were concerned about. They'll probably ride the Bash Obama train for a couple more years till America gets tired of their whining and rolls out for Democrats at the mid-term elections.

Fowl-minded, the original Quiet Waters Initiative that has got your panties in a wad is not a sure thing. Speak up and let your feelings be known in a civil way and you might gain a bit of respect. There's a lot of people on this site and in life that I disagree with on various issues but I've learned that calling people names does nothing to change their mind.

Attachments

• Sony p510 230.jpg
    Sony p510 230.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 582
Last edited:
This reminds me, the Rendezvous tickets went on sale yesterday. Better get them while there hot.

Fowl_minded I will gladly buy you your weekend ticket if you want to come and see what BHA is all about. PM me if you like.

http://www.backcountryhunters.org/rendezvous_2017

Fowl-minded, you should jump on this offer like a fat boy on a cupcake. (methaphorically speaking, not calling you fat. :) There were a bunch of great guys there last year.

This thread has used up its usefulness. It's locked

Who died and left you boss? I see how you are. You're probably another one of those Green Decoy types trying to curtail our First Amendment freedoms.

I actually love it when these threads surface. It reminds me again of the nature of the argument for transfer and the character of people who use demagoguery to manipulate the uninformed's frustration. For every person who is persistantly stubborn about engaging in facts and holds on to an emotional position, there are ten who read a thread like this and realize the ridiculous nature of the charges. I'm guessing that if fowl-minded is adventurous enough to take up J.R.'s offer, he'll join voluntarily after the Rendezvous.

I took time off from hunting this past November to have lunch with Land Tawny and a group of concerned sportsman who gathered for a public land rally in Casper. Land and this BHA life member and Wyo board member shared some great hunting stories. After the public lands rally, I spent the rest of the remaining daylight hunting with my daughter, who carries on our hunting heritage.

DSC02022.jpg

Last edited:
I've concluded there is some benefit to the Green Decoys smear campaign. That benefit being, those who post Green Decoys as some sort of factual consideration in a debate unknowingly self-identify as spoon fed folks too lazy/disinterested/ignorant to think for themselves when arriving at the conspiracy-style opinions most of them are so quick to share.

I used to have a bit more tolerance for such spewing of BS conspiracy theories, under the premise they were well-intentioned and just uniformed. No more. Most I've engaged with have no interest in facts or critical analysis.

Maybe the OP is different. Use of the Green Decoy conspiracy causes me to immediately discount anything posted by said person until proven otherwise.

Screw the dial back a little and look at the big picture - web sites such as the one linked by the OP catch a lot of fish. Look at the trend in "fake news" , the gullibility of so many contrasted by the intellectual curiosity of the minority - we are in for an uphill fight to shine a light on the truth. That is one reason I appreciate this particular forum, knowledgeable individuals not afraid to call bullshit when it appears.

Every time a green decoy debate makes an appearance membership for BHA spikes, so it's not all bad. Proud member here.

I will buy the fellow who made this post a ticket to the BHA Rendezvous, meals and beer included. On one condition. He has to stand up in front of the crowd and call them a bunch of phony, green decoys who don't really hunt and fish or know their best interests. Then he has to walk out of the room. Fair enough?

Back