Yeti GOBOX Collection

8x32 or 10x40

for size difference, 10x42. But opt for quality between the two if you have to choose.

I have a 10x42 and was able to spot a buck 376 yards away. Couldn't make out the exact amount of points he had but I could see his rack. Soon after my spotting scope showed me he was a nice symmetrical 3x3. I have Nikon Monarch 7 binos.

Unless you hunt in Oregon rainforest or something there is no question. 10x42. Even a very good glasser with 8x32s cannot compete with the 10 power as a general purpose bino. That's my advice.

The quality of the lense coating has far more impact than either the power, or the diameter. Clarity will serve you better.

10x42 is my favorite general purpose magnification/objective diameter combo. My advice is compare them directly and see which you prefer.

Always had 10x42's but now have 8x42's also. I like the 8x's in the timber, wider field of view and light gathering.

I run 8 x 32
Light weight good field of view
Usually have something more powerful in my pack

You need to give the 8xs a chance. 32 is too small. 8x40 or 42 is better. I run 8.5x42 and have never felt under glassed for binoculars.

I run 8.5x42's as well. That being said, I have never owned as set of 10's. You will be more steady with the 8's but lots of people like more power. It's all personal preference.

I run 8.5x42's as well. That being said, I have never owned as set of 10's. You will be more steady with the 8's but lots of people like more power. It's all personal preference.

With all due, 10's aren't that hard to hold steady. They are a good balance for longer distance and closer up. Pwrsonal preference for sure. mtmuley

I hunt with a couple of guys with 8x. Frequently, they ask me to hand them my 10x so they can get a better look at what we are looking at.

I always laugh. and loan....

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mttedoc
Back