Mystery Ranch's new SCAPEGOAT 25

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
The smallest pack in the Mystery Ranch hunting line is now this new SCAPEGOAT 25 they just came out with. Not yet on their website.

I have the full size SCAPEGOAT and it is a great pack. I might ask to get one to experiment with. I know a lot of folks have been asking for a true day pack from MR. Maybe this is their response.

http://www.theoutdoorwire.com/story/1481786935qhajczz6pqh

Scapegoat 25.jpg

Looks kinda cool, I liked the other scapegoat when I checked one out. Any word from them if they are going to have a better grasp on supply this year? Seems as though getting packs has been kinda tough this year

I was wondering what kind if weight this and the bugger version can hold? Can it pack out a deer or deer sized animals?

Just bought a MR Scapegoat 25 from Schnees. Tried it in the store with 50 LBs and it was comfortable. Have hiked up into the Bridgers with it twice with a 36 lb load and only a light T shirt. Did not cut into my shoulders or hips at all and handled the weight great. It should handle a boned out, hide off elk quarter just fine, which is what I wanted. I think the weight cap will be between 50-70 lbs. The water pockets are hard to reach so I bought MR bottle holders and will use the water pockets for other gear. It weighs in at 3.7 lbs empty and with my basic hunting necessities and 40 oz of fluid is less than 13 lbs. It is narrower and shorter than my larger MR and will be quieter going through trees and such. Cinches down really well so that it feels molded to your back. Can't wait to try it with an elk quarter.

Vito

Nice looking pack. Interesting to see how each manufacturer, and they are all guilty, brings a nice element into their new design that is basically robbed from a competitor.

I have the modestly named Dragonslayer, which is easily the best pack I have owned. This one looks about the same size. The DS will handle all the weight I am interested in carrying at one time. I have been using the DS to hunt with and keeping a frame pack in the truck, but have found that the DS is better than the external frame for carrying heavy loads.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back