Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Wilks brothers true colors are shining through.....

Any updates Wingman?
Update

No elk. Passed a few up.

Called the BLM out of Billings this morning. He called me back and said they are in the process of looking into it. He didn't sound very interested In any of my findings but he is only in charge of the 40 acre that has the camper on it. The lewistown ranger is out for a few days so maybe he will call me when he gets back. It doesn't sound like much will get done unless we push the issues. There are 10 other public land hunters in there right now so I hope they will weigh in on things.

Update

No elk. Passed a few up.

Called the BLM out of Billings this morning. He called me back and said they are in the process of looking into it. He didn't sound very interested In any of my findings but he is only in charge of the 40 acre that has the camper on it. The lewistown ranger is out for a few days so maybe he will call me when he gets back. It doesn't sound like much will get done unless we push the issues. There are 10 other public land hunters in there right now so I hope they will weigh in on things.

Hopefully you at least spent more time hunting than documenting what the neighboring landowner was up to. If your like me any vacation time is very limited and needs to be enjoyed...

Mthunters pics put a new perspective on it for me. Sad to see this land torn up for any reason. Even if they "needed" a fence, I sure wouldn't think they had to build a road and tear up so much land to put the fence up. Just sad to see things torn up that have been there since the third day and will never be the same for their grandkids or ours to enjoy the way they were created.

Amazing what the internet can do.;)

That too!

Cracks me up when folks talk about a place online/TV and then act surprised when the place is crowded the next year! If you're hunting private land thats one thing, but when you find a sweet spot on public, I'm of the opinion you keep that to yourself and trusted friends ;)

Is anything going to happen with this? Are these guys gonna get away with this?

Lots of folks looking at it, both at the State & federal level as I understand it. It's certainly causing a lot of talk with a bunch of sportsmen's organizations. I think everyone is waiting to see what comes of the BLM's investigation, getting their ducks in a row before taking on Texas Billionaires and their legion of lawyers.

Lots of folks looking at it, both at the State & federal level as I understand it. It's certainly causing a lot of talk with a bunch of sportsmen's organizations. I think everyone is waiting to see what comes of the BLM's investigation, getting their ducks in a row before taking on Texas Billionaires and their legion of lawyers.
Hell, as you know, I'm ready to storm the place with chainsaws, fence cutters and the press if the fence is indeed illegally on public land :D. Anxiously awaiting the BLM's assessment and resulting lack of action regarding the situation.

Last edited:
If there is one state that won't tolerate this, its Montana. The Wilkes would be wise to remember the last revolt (I-161). There's no telling where this could end up if people are pissed and someone writes up a ballot initiative.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back