Sponsor reply to an OYOA supporter

Awesome! I have a feeling that no hunter wouldn't actually have a negative thing to say about the wolf show. The only ones that would "claim" to stop doing business with the shows sponsors are those that would never buy a product in the first place.

Exactly. It is amazing to me to see someone who claims to be a hunter/shooter would be against shooting wolves.

I finally got to see part two of the wolf hunt. That was a great show and one of a kind in the world of touchy, feely critter-hugging idiots and so-called "professional" hunting shows.

I just sent this email to Mike Ellig:

Dear Mike,
I just read your response to “Jeff” regarding the On Your Own Adventures wolf hunt episode. I really appreciate your stance and willingness to stand up for sportsman. I am just starting out in the archery world (longtime gun hunter) and am happy to report that I have a Black Gold sight. As I continue to purchase additional archery equipment, rest assured I will buy your products. Please continue to support Randy and his show, it is the best show out there by a mile.

Next up is one to Federal Ammo.

That's an awesome response, I'm in the market for a new quiver looks like it will be a tight spot. It's great seeing the support.

great response, and I would expect the same from any of the sponsors. in reality, i doubt that a single person who would choose to boycott any of the sponsors would ever be considered a potential customer. the sponsors will lose absolutely ZERO business through their support of OYOA, and as can already be seen via this forum, they are probably gaining fans/customers by the minute.

So, the pro-wolf agenda folks will have no effect on the business of those in the hunting world, I however, as a consumer can have an effect on those on the wrong side of the fence. from bonnie raitt's facebook page and posted on center for biological nonsense... guess i won't be listening to her anymore...

Bonnie Raitt shared a link.
August 20
from BRHQ -- The Sept 8 & 9th shows at Chateau Ste. Michelle Winery are sold out, but there are still benefit seats available for Sept 9th. The purchase of these seats and aftershow reception passes will benefit the Center for Biological Di...See More
https://salsa.democracyinaction.org/o/2167/p/salsa/donation/common/public/?donate_page_KEY=8943
salsa.democracyinaction.org
80 percent of the state will become a wolf-killing zone if the government has its way, it will be open season on Wyoming's wolf familiesThe Center for Biological Diversity can save Wyoming's wolves. Emergency Wolf Protection Fund
52Like · · Share

I have known Mike for years (if not decades). His very positive support of OYOA wolf episodes is representative of his whole approach to his business. Pure quality.

Randy and Mike, your words and actions vocalize what so many Americans believe. If the peta lovers could take a drive to northern Wisconsin in the middle of winter and drive 10 miles in 3 day old snow and see only one set of deer tracks..... with 6 sets of wolf tracks following it, they would understand if you do not control predators you are endoursing the desimation of our deer, elk, moose, and mule deer population in North America. Last time I checked a rifle shot is a lot more humane than a wolf.

I am ok with the wolf introduction if the population is controlled. I haven't bow hunted in a few years due to 2 young kids but promise when I do to support your company!

Awesome of Mike to take a strong stance like that and props to Jeff for getting in touch with the sponsors. I think if more people were willing show a positive personal response to the these kind of companies it would do nothing but encourage further support of our sport, our ideals on ethical public land hunting and conservation, and of great media programs such as Randy's that truely show the positive and respectable qualities of so many involved in hunting. Also a lifelong customer of all the companies Mike represents.

I like that reply! I love his products! Last year I bought the Tight Spot, Rip Cord Code Red and Blacks Gold Rush with Blind Man and couldnt be happier. Along with a B-Stinger the rig performed perfectly even in single digit MN temps.

I also sent emails to all of the sponsers, in support of OYOA. I have gotten responses back from 5 so far.

I exspecially like this one.

Hi Keith,
Thanks for the feedback on Randy’s Show – we appreciate it.We believe in Randy on a variety of levels and are proud to have him introducing wolves to The Howa Handshake. All the best ..
Andy McCormick
VP / Sales & Marketing Legacy Sports International

I was doing some research on Tight Spot and came across this. I really didn't want to spend that much on one but now I will.

Emotional responses are understandable. Mouth off about my family and it gets real quick though some of my family deserve a kick in the rear. Still, my emotional reaction is anger. My logical reaction is merely bummed. I am ignorant about more subjects than I have a 360 degree understanding. An email such as Mike crafted is not merely emotional but rather helps to educate. That makes people like Mike and Randy ambassadors for hunting. Many of you are ambassadors. You help someone understand we are some of the most passionate conservationists around. You help the general public understand we hate poachers and they are criminals not hunters just like shoplifters are not shoppers.

I interact with many, many more non-hunters that hunters and perhaps more anti-hunters than hunters. I do not hide that I hunt and over time most of those folks around me understand I hunt. I am often asked why I feel the need to hunt. Sometimes that line of questioning is emotional. I talk about game management, the circle of life, the amazing journeys and sites I have enjoyed while hunting, that I only harvest about 50% of the hunts and when successful I am harvesting free-range organic meat for my family.

Logical discussion does not always win the day but I often am viewed with growing respect when have a 1 to 1 conversation. I am not a public figure so am not the lightning rod for the crazies. Good luck on your hunts this fall.

Back