MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

A big something or other!!!

Tom

I shot it, multiple times, so it wouldn't get up and trample me.

rtt3waterbuffalohead.jpg

What do you think?

That right horn is over 30 inches in length, the left looks longer. Whew!

??Trample you or roll over you ;) ....thought only fish were shot in a barrel?

Must have been hunting Niagara Falls...

It takes two just to hold the head up, so I put it on a barrel for the picture. The neck was about a 2 ft diameter.

What's a brush bull? I don't think that's a name for what it is, but maybe it is?

I now have a visual memory for what it means to drop like a ton of bricks. It dropped, on the second shot to the neck with my 338, 250 grain nosler partition safari grade bullet and load. I felt pretty lucky.

One had gotten up and trampled a previous hunter, so we shot it twice more, before walking up to it.

Tom said:
What's a brush bull? I don't think that's a name for what it is, but maybe it is?
Sorry Tom, but that is funny.:D :D Did you check the tags on the collar. His name might be on there.

buffalohead2.jpg

Tom...you were'nt hunting high fenced were ya ;) Where in the Fantasy Hunt does that ol' bossie fit?

Just fuggin with ya Tom, what did you do with that thing....other than the pedestal mount that is?

Thats what some folks who come to Idaho to hunt call...."an elk". In fact, that would be a trophy. More than likely will make SCI.

You went and ruined some youth's chance for Grand Champion in the local 4H fair. You should be asshamed. :D

Greenhorn said:
You went and ruined some youth's chance for Grand Champion in the local 4H fair. You should be asshamed. :D

...you have to admit Tom...it does resemble a brahma with a jerrycurl.:) ;)

Tom, Brush Bulls are found along the river in south Texas. They are feral cattle the result of cross breeding between Mexican fighting bulls and domestic cows.

:cool:

"Thats what some folks who come to Idaho to hunt call...."an elk". In fact, that would be a trophy. More than likely will make SCI."

Reminds me of the dufus in Montana that shot a llama several years back. He brought it to the locker plant and wanted them to process his "deer".

BigHornRam said:
Reminds me of the dufus in Montana that shot a llama several years back. He brought it to the locker plant and wanted them to process his "deer".

I remember reading that article (on Hunt Talk, I think)........that was a really funny story.:D

I think it scores with method 3 in SCI and form 6 in Trophy Game Records of the World. Its over 30 inches on the right horn and the picture looks like the left horn is longer.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Avidsomething
Back