Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Article on Crazy Mountains Access

HCN did a good article on the issue in general.
http://www.hcn.org/issues/47.2/this-land-is-their-land

Langus really screwed me over with that stunt as I have a bull tag in that area. I drove out to his ranch house to ask if he would give me a break given the rarity of the tag and also because he also allowed my hunting partner to hunt his place a dozen years ago. He just smirked about how I should have done my research (as if I could have know he was going to close access) and I'd have to pay a trespass fee if I wanted to hunt there. To top it off, his wife bitched us out for driving up the ranch road, which had "no trespassing" signs at the entrance. ("Are you blind or something? How could you miss those?" she said rudely.) I've never had that happen before.

The advice I got from the CGNF was to not ask permission because it will establish that he hasn't recognized an easement in the past. Do not cut locks or gates as that is criminal mischief. They had a trail crew do some maintenance this year and the sheriff wrote them tickets for trespassing. You might get a ticket if you go in there, but it isn't known if the court will prosecute. Truthfully, the FS has let this trail go so it is hard to find. You really need to watch the GPS.

Last edited:
Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrGeauxNewMexico
Back