PEAX Equipment

SW idaho new hunter

CaptainCarl

Hey everyone. I'm new to the forum and also new to hunting. I did some tree stand hunting back in IL growing up but that's it. I'm looking for anyone willing to take a shot at maybe a mentoring type of thing. I read the forum and books and whatnot but as we all know, nothing is like the real thing. I live in southwest idaho and would love to meet people around here. Anyone with any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again. Carl

Hey John, thanks for the reply man. I have noticed a lot on here from idaho. Thanks again

Hey everyone. I'm new to the forum and also new to hunting. I did some tree stand hunting back in IL growing up but that's it. I'm looking for anyone willing to take a shot at maybe a mentoring type of thing. I read the forum and books and whatnot but as we all know, nothing is like the real thing. I live in southwest idaho and would love to meet people around here. Anyone with any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again. Carl

Hey Carl, Slim here. So do you know Idaho very well? I drew an elk tag several years ago and had a good hunt. I was unsuccessful the last two years for a controlled hunt. I bow hunt in Ca. alot. So this year I'm going to travel to Id to try bowhunting for elk. I was thinking of the panhandle region... I'm planning to hunt in September. I take it you were not successful in the first drawing? I have friends in Nampa and Emmett... Slim

Welcome. I too grew up in IL hunting from tree stands. What part of IL did you come from? I've been in SW Idaho for 25 years and can help you out.

Central IL, little farm town, close to champaign. Moved to southern as for a while then we came up here.

Hey Carl, Slim here. So do you know Idaho very well? I drew an elk tag several years ago and had a good hunt. I was unsuccessful the last two years for a controlled hunt. I bow hunt in Ca. alot. So this year I'm going to travel to Id to try bowhunting for elk. I was thinking of the panhandle region... I'm planning to hunt in September. I take it you were not successful in the first drawing? I have friends in Nampa and Emmett... Slim

No, I do not know ID well yet. Been trying to play in the mountains this summer but with job and yard work, not a ton of time for that. I haven't attempted to draw a tag yet here. I'm trying to learn enough first.

Back