South Dakota Legislature is at it Again

jzeck2

HB 1151; require legislative approval of certain land acquisitions by the Department of Game, Fish and Parks (GFP).

Another attempt to stop a willing seller to sell land to GFP.

HB 1180 limit the terms of certain conservation easements. Another overreach by our single party political system here in S.D. Which will not allow a land owner to place his property in a permanent conservation easement.

And guess who's name is listed in the sponsors? Betty Olson, guess I'm not surprised.

Hopefully any South Dakotan's on these forums takes 5 minutes to contact your Representatives and Senator and tell them how you feel. By the way they made it much tougher to email them on issues, You have to follow up by clicking a button on an email sent back to you. Something about they don't want a bunch of robo emails or in my way of thinking they don't want to here from us.

Sounds like this Olson gal is a real loser! What are they legally using in order to keep a person from placing their property in a permanent conservation easement, as it sounds like this Bill you mentioned would be illegal?

She related to some of our Montana legislators? She is singing from their hymn book.

She represents the NW corner of the state that borders MT and ND. Must be something in the water out there?

I recall that same draft bill being introduced every year during the early to mid-2000s. Luckily it was voted down or withdrawn each time. Hope it meets a similar fate this go around.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrGeauxNewMexico
Back