Caribou Gear Tarp

Cost of shipping mounts?

1_pointer

I was wondering if anyone here who travels out of state has had the critter(s) mounted there and shipped home? If so, about what did the shipping cost? Since I'm going to be flying for a few trips this year, I'm curious as to the price. Even if more expensive I might consider it as it will, hopefully ;) , be less hassle than trying to get the cape/horns and meat home.

Granted it has been a few years, IIRC shipping my lake trout mount home from MT to Boise cost me an additional 200 on top of the 450 the mount cost.

Had a full body bear mount (black bear) crated and shipped this year. If I recall shipping was in the $400 range. Crating was another $150 or so.

Shoulder mount Aoudad crated and shipped was $380 for TX to AZ. Arrived in perfect condition. Euro mount shipped in cardboard box with garden hose on the points was $45 UT to WA and arrived in perfect condition. Two Euro alligator heads packed in one double-wall cardboard box with bubble wrap sent FL to WA was $120.

I prefer to have shoulder mounts done near my home but for the Aoudad I wanted someone doing the project that had done dozens prior for that animal.

Have the taxi work on the mount (usually takes up to a year) and then drive out and pick it up next year when your out scouting for the next hunt.

Thanks for the prices! Looks like I'll be calling a few taxidermists in the destination state and seeing what they charge to mount and ship.

Don K- That would be ideal, but due to time constraints I often fly to Idaho and hunt with a buddy. While I like myself, 27 hours one way is a bit much. Getting on a plane at 6:30am and being in Idaho before 3pm sure is nice at times, even considering the headaches.

Just had ringneck shipped back to WV from MT $80 bucks we had two mulies and an antelope shipped several years back it was like 400 boxed up and shipped from MT.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheWolf
Back