Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

NV Deer - Redemption

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
After the fiasco of last year, I am off to NV for another crack at the velvet mule deer. Stick and string, with me, NVLongbow, and the cameras.

I am confident that this year will be a much different story. Hunting on a tag that I drew in the leftover draw, so not expecting anything super. All I want is a few bucks to chase.

I have been shooting my new Bowtech Experience all summer and there is no doubt, that when you combine that with the other accessories I have loaded on it, any misses are strictly operator error.

Mrs. Fin has her family in town during my trip, so I hope the house is not completely redecorated when I return. But, as part of my hunting budget, I have made the deal that I don't ask price of new things that show up at the house or changes to the decor. So far, so good.

Now that we know how to film this show style and have it laid out from a standpoint of message and flow, I am excited to get out and film the new season. We have some really cool ideas that will make it even better. And, I hope the first three hunts of this season don't start out as tough as the first three of last season.

My goal at the start of every season is to run the table and fill every tag. Usually, we get 7 or 8 out of 10. For our message and our audience, filling every tag is not paramount, rather tell a good story, show some interesting topics, and bring some flavor of how hunting occurs for most of us. If you hunt hard and have the cameras rolling, getting a good story usually isn't that hard. Telling that story as an end product is much more difficult.

Not sure what coverage I will have when I am gone. Might not be any updates until I get back.

Either way, behave yourselves. Mrs. Fin is operating this joint in my absence and she cuts slack to no one. I don't want her to be in a bad mood when I come home. Based on the shotgun practice she and I were doing today, I don't want to come home to someone fully armed as she is, capably trained, and in a foul mood from a bunch of misbehaving Hunt Talkers.

All the best in the high country. Lets hope you get it done this time around in Nevada!

And we will all be good for Mrs Fin.

Good luck! Hope the new season is much more fun for your than for us following along. I respect that you took the initiative and risk to make your avocation into, even if not totally, your vocation! I am sure I speak for many when I say, we'd all love to be able to do what you do. Congrats on living many of our's dream.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrGeauxNewMexico
Back