Best Binos for under $600

Sawtooth

Been saving my Cabela Points for some time now and am looking at using them up on a pair of Binos. I am looking at the Vortex Viper HD10x42, but was wondering if there are some other options I should be looking at before I pull the trigger.

I Bought A Pair of The Binos You Are Looking At, And I Am Very Happy With Them. For The Money I Think They Are The Best Buy Out There. Just My Opinion, But I Don't Think You Would Be Disappointed.

I used to have a pair of viper 10-42s. They were a little better than my Nikon monarchs. I just got a pair of euro hd 10-42s that are made by meopta. I've compared them to the viper hds side by side. It wasn't even close. The euros spanked them. They are a little heavy but solid and are now offered under the legendary warranty.

I'm not a "cabelas" brand guy but I couldn't pass up these binos. My buddy has the razor hd binos and they are good. We compared them at low light and I'd say they are neck and neck.

What Im trying to say is if you already have $600 then save a little more and get some of the good stuff. I'd say the euro hds and razors along with the zeis conquest hds are where you should start with the decent stuff. When my ship comes in I'm getting some EL swaro visions, but I say do yourself a favor and upgrade one more notch before you spend your money.

Buy the vortex. Lots of good binos out but the vortex series is the best band for buck. I've sold to s of them with almost zero issues. The euros are ok, heavy and bulky but good glass. My monarchs suck compared to either. My swaros blow them all away.

I have the Viper HDs and while I don't have new Swaros or Euros to compare them with side by side, I am very happy with my Vipers. They're better than any other pair of binos I've owned. A friend of mine has some old Swaros, I can't see the difference in his binos vs. my Vipers, but his are an older pair. I'm very happy with all my Vortex optics.

Buy the best your budget allows...Vortex are great for the the buck as well are the Leupold's. I personally use the Zeiss 10x25 victory(which are awesome compacts) here in NY but then I do not spend half the day glassing a drainage...If you have 600 in points and you have a little more in your budget...Id go with the Zeiss Conquests...they are really great......if not Id go with your first choices.....Just my opinion.....:cool:

Vortex are awesome, love mine, bought my wife a pair. My dad and his g/f now use them along with a lot of people i know.

IF you have a lot of Cabela points, you might want to look at their Euro style, my best friend bought them last year, he loves em. They resemble the SL Swaros.

Cabelas euros. Ive had mine since 07 and looked through tons of glass and dont think you can do better in that range at all

Thanks for all the great input. I will have to check out the Euros, but I am afraid that my budget for binoculars will have to stay put at $600. I have been using a pair of Leopold Gold Rings that I bought for $200 in 1984 for the last 29 years, so I have a feeling which ever one I chose will be a huge improvement. Thanks again for your information.

+1 on the Cabelas Euros. I also really like the Vortex. Next pair will either be vortex or leupold ED's. They are all pretty good.

I would go online and see what they are offering on the euro's with your points. Usually there is some kind of deal if you use your card. I got them two seasons ago and love them. I think I looked at everything available in my price range and have been very happy with the euro's. On the other hand vortex makes some pretty good glass and you cannot beat their warranty.

You will be happy either way. This will be money well spent, I promise you. I wish I would have gotten good glass years ago.

Hof

I just bought the Viper HD 10x42's, I have had the Vortex Diamondbacks for the past 5 years. Your in Boise, so PM me and you can check them out, before you decide if they are what you are looking/hoping for before spending your points.

Dang, now I feel really smart for buying my 10x42 Vortex Vipers a few years ago. They have treated me well. I dropped them and bent an eye cup but I use them so much that I hate to be without them while they are being fixed.

Sawtooth,

My vote goes to the Vortex....I recently sold my Swarovski SLC's to buy the Razor HD's....

I truly feel there isn't a better binocular than the Viper HD's in their price range (quality and warranty wise). The Cabela's Euro are great binos as well, but a little more money. They are a good "in between" bino between the Viper HD's and Razor HD's. If you can get a lifetime warranty on them, they would also be a good choice.

Many thanks,
Corey Jacobsen
Elk101.com - Extreme Elk Magazine

Thanks guys for all the info on binos in this price range. The Cabelas here in Boise is out of the Viper 10x42's right now, but as soon as they get a new shipment I think I am going to pull the trigger on a new pair. I looked at the Euros today at their store, but for the sake of keeping all happy on the home front, I better stick with my $600 limit. Thanks again everyone for your input.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heddenbk
Back