Camp setup

ColoradoOverwatch

Hi all,

Thought I would pose the question to everyone and find out if anyone is religious about how they set up base camp.
Example… entrance to their tent is always pointing south, east, west. Cook setup to the right of the tent… to the left.

I really never gave it too much thought and will be hunting with some others this year and there seemed to be some
discussion that they always pointed the entrance to the wall tent to the south and god forbid if it was not set up just right.
:)

I look for a relatively flat spot, at least 3' by 7' hopefully.

Thats interesting that they'd be so particular. I'd set it all up backwards just to mess with them.

I'm pretty serious about finding a flat spot and making sure there's no dead trees overhead.

I am with Gerald, big enough flat spot for the 12x20..... no dead trees, and that my sleepin bag is by an entrance for easy late night access.

I like to poo three or four times right around the tent to help scare the bears off. I mark them with survey flags just to make sure I don't step on them.

I like it flat, some shade from afternoon sun. I could give two rips which way the door of the tent faces. I like it to face the vehicles, whether that's north, south, east, or west I could care less. Also, big ditto on the dead trees.

I would choose my cook location based on the prevailing winds, not right or left.

Good luck, take extra whiskey.

i allways sleep with my body on the left side of tent,my eureka timberline 6 man opens on each end,my wifes outhouse tent is allways about 20 feet or more from tent,since my wife will uses the outhouse tent once or twise each night,and since big kittys are around in most places were we hunt elk,my dan wesson is allways in my hand if my wife go to the outhouse at night,my truck is allways with in 5 to 6 feet from my tent,because i do love my truck,and my B.A.R is most of the time behind my seat,and my campstove and oven is allways under my canopy so i can keep my equipment dry.
and just to set the records strait,the outhouse is for my wife,i use a hole in the ground,or a tree,not a outhouse tent with a bucket and a seat lide on it.:hump:

and just to set the records strait,the outhouse is for my wife,i use a hole in the ground,or a tree,not a outhouse tent with a bucket and a seat lide on it.:hump:

That's understandable; I've never been able to get my wife to squat & do even pee, afraid something will jump up on her butt I guess. She sure missed out on lots of adventure as a result.

That's understandable; I've never been able to get my wife to squat & do even pee, afraid something will jump up on her butt I guess. She sure missed out on lots of adventure as a result.

just buy her a bucket with a toilet seat lid on it,you can purchase one from cabellas,sportsman guide,sportsmans wearhouse,you will spend about 15 dollars on it,but she can sit down on it and do her bussiness.:hump:

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
believeinyourself
Back