CO bow hunt in jeopardy!!!

DBear

My good hunting buddy and I are planning on an OYOA Elk bow hunt to Grand Mesa, CO for the third time in 4 years from September 15th thru the 21st. We have both been training all summer for the trip as we know what kind of shape it takes to put everything on your back and make it happen. We recently found out that his father is going to need a surgery that will require all of my buddy’s support. I totally understand his situation. Thus, I am in a bit of a situation. Before I had my daughter 18 months ago, I would have just bolted out there by myself; however, I don’t know that this is the safest option and my wife will have some issues with that. Plus, I enjoy the camaraderie of another hunting partner. I am looking for anyone interested in hunting with me or me tagging along with them. I am more than happy to share my knowledge of unit 421. I have been in Elk the previous two times I was out there. A bit about myself and hunting style:

-I’m 38 years old and have been hunting since I was 8 growing up in Indiana
-I’m a healthcare provider for the federal government
-I would consider myself a sportsman; I am definitely all about the journey, not the overall success of a kill even though I give it my all to try to get a shot
-I am flexible
-I will provide all of my own gear and food
-I have the correct gear and physical fitness to go where most won’t
-I am dying to get back out there as I didn’t get to go last year with a new baby

PM me if you are interested in another hunting partner or have any other questions about me or my hunting style.

Thanks

I've been going DIY or OYO since I've been old enough to drive. I agree with spook, pull up your pants, lace up your hunting boots, and go for it. Good luck if you go...bottom line, keep Mama happy!

Is anyone else thinking there could be a Brokeback Mountain joke done here....? For the sake of my shrink and happy pills, I'm not goona do it :D Carry on...

I hope you do go hunting...by the way

Best of luck..pity i am not a little bit closer ...just go hunt and climb them hills, sometimes the best trips away are the ones
where you are on your own and making all the decisions, good or bad.

Last edited:
I'm actually home that week, but I just don't have the balls to suggest a 5th week out of state hunting to the wife.

I'm just curious, how much is the license? I did a quick scan through the regs and gave up trying to find out.

Like the other guys said - go huntin.
I will be doing the OTC hunt also, I will be down there a week earlier in unit 71. I am bringing the wife along, told her it is our summer vacation in CO.

Yeah head in alone im sure you will enjoy it just as much. My hunt into the Bob Marshall for 2 weeks has changed also my buddy took a job so in i go alone except for the horses and beleive me my wife is none to happy she knows how rough that country is and 14 miles away from nearest truck and plenty of (griz) . Understand the comradere thing also but i dont know many guys around where i live so that isnt gonna stop me and did i mention the (WIFE IS PISSED). Enjoy the hunt.

It is back on! My buddy is going as his father did great with a HUGE surgery. We both kept up our training and now I am stoked. Thanks for the replies and thoughts. My wife was cool with me going by myself and I was considering it.....however, I am happy to have a good buddy with me in that big country. Last time we were together I came face to face with a mountain lion at 20 yards. Luckily, I saw it first.....I was cool until it started stalking us.....you just don't get to see stuff like that here in Northcackalackie...

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back