Yeti GOBOX Collection

Cardinals are rockin...... but

drahthaar

Their middle and short set up relievers are killing them!!! WTF.

They better beg borrow or steal a couple guys. The starters get leads, the relievers blow them or almost blow them every stinking night!!!

I've been a Cardinal fan since the final years of Stan Musial, and Cardinal relievers blowing games is a problem they have had for several seasons.

I wore black for a month after Albert went to the Angels. I wonder if his terrible performance this year is a product of his move? The whole thing saddens me a great deal!

LOL. Spook. We will see you guys for a 3 spot starting Monday or Tuesday.

Piss on Albert. Made me so mad that he left. His crappy performance serves him right. You bet your rear the move is hurting, lots of pressure, and I think he is pressing. What, he needed that extra 20 million? 200 wasn't enough? Got a case of sore ass over a 6 year contract vs a 10 year? Beltran just took over the NL lead for homers tonight.

Cards batting can't carry them forever. Baseball being "a game of failure" requires solid pitching through and through.

I'm not as worried about the back end relievers as I am the middle. Once Carpenter is back in the rotation, moving one of the starters to the pen could help out in the middle. Lynn was great in that role last year, but I wouldn't take him out of the rotation. Westbrook on the other hand...

I too was sad to see Pujols get his money somewhere else. I don't necessarily want to see him do bad, but he's is making St. Louis's front office look like geniuses right now. They could be getting that kind of production from someone a whole lot cheaper. Anyone seen Moneyball?? ;)

PS- Draht, I'm a die-hard Cards fan and it appears you are as well. I'm thinking you ought to invite me out for a bear hunt next spring so that we can over-analyze the first month of the season, or at least analyze over a campfire. ;) ;)

LOL. Come on out!!! Can't say I am much of a guide, but I manage to get myself into a little excitement here and there.

I love the Cards. Always have. Don't ask me how that happened being born and raised in MT.

Ozzie Smith is my all time fave. Have a game used jersey, glove, and 29 rookie cards tucked away in a safe place.

I don't get to watch the games, but I follow along on the gamecast online. McKlellan and Boggs are giving up walks, and hits, and runs. WTH. I cringe when they show up.

I don't wish Albert bad, but I don't feel bad for him. I know, he prayed and God told him to leave. Just not sure it was God's voice he was hearing.

Pujols will be fine.

Anxious to see if Hamilton can stay healthy and substance free...

I don't get to watch the games, but I follow along on the gamecast online. McKlellan and Boggs are giving up walks, and hits, and runs. WTH. I cringe when they show up.

Have you looked in to MLB.tv? It's a really awesome program and not too horribly expensive. I'd have it instead of cable if the Mariners weren't blacked out on it for me :(

Draht- Might have to take you up on that! I've hunted bears once and that is not nearly enough...

Walks are a pitchers worse enemy. They will almost always find a way to burn you. IMO, good to great middle relievers are few and far between as well as being one of the most undervalued/under-appreciated parts of a roster.

I can sympathize with not getting to watch the games. I'm less than 4 hours from St. Louis and still don't get to watch them. Lots of opportunities to watch the Cubs and Reds though...:rolleyes:

If Hamilton can stay healthy and clean, his next contract might make A-Rod and Pujols look affordable. Him and Kemp are flat tearing the cover off.

You should be a commentator! ;) Seems like every time they bring up some stat for not doing something, it happens. Just yesterday they were talking about Lynn not giving up more than 1 run in a single inning. A few minutes later, whap, he gives up a 3-run double...

At least they are still ahead of the Cubs... :D

I love seeing all this Cardinal talk!! It is really cool to see how far Cardinal Nation extends across the country. I live outside St. Louis so I have always been a fan, but it seems that on every hunting or fishing trip I take someone comes up to me after seeing my Cardinal hat or shirt and we start a conversation about how they have been a fan for a long time and listened to the games on KMOX. It is a long season and if we stay healthy I think we will have a pretty good team.

I gladly "represent" the Cardinals while hunting... ;)
1stBuckPronghornWY439-16-07thePi-1.jpg
[/IMG]

"At least they are still ahead of the Cubs..."

it's still early in the season. they'll be way ahead of them by the end of the year. but, rome wasn't built in a day, and it will take epstein some time to get things straightened out. oh yeah, cards suck!!!:p lifelong cubs fan.:D

epsteins next move - send marmol to the cards.........

starting a 2 game set tonight. and the cards are only .500 this year against the lowly cubbies.........

Yeah, kinda like last year, they gotta be close to the league lead in blowing leads... :(

They definitely need some help in the bullpen.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back