Caribou Gear

Scopes

TC prohunter

I am looking for a scope for my tikka T3 300 WSM I am looking at 3 of then the Leupold VX 3 and the VX 3LR and the VX 3L. All good scopes can't decide on what one help me out?

Have never bought in to the scalloped objective of the 3L. Sounds good in theory but looks like crap and costs disproportionately more in my opinion. By 3LR, assume you mean Long Range. How far are yiou planning on shooting? For my money the VX3 w/duplex reticle works fine. You could also go with the CDS set-up or the B&C reticle.

I will be getting the B&C reticle. Were I hunt it's allot of open fields. Most of my guns now have the Nikon monarch With the BDC Reticle. So I was thanking the Leupold VX3 LR or another Nikon monarch

I have a Luepold VXL. It a good scope. What other scopes have you considered? I used to be a hard core Leupold fan but now I go with Zeiss. The Conquest line of Zeiss is price comparable to Leupold and in my opinion better glass...at least to my eyes. Might be worth considering or at least looking thru.

I really like the Nikon monarch. Just was thanking about switching it up a lil With a Leupold

Send me a PM on what Leupold you are thinking about and I will give you some off line prices on them and also Ziess.

I love the VX-3 with the cds, very accurate and simple to use. I will be putting this scope on a few more guns this winter.

CABugle

I'll add another vote for the VX3 CDS, in my case the 3.5-10x40. I'm a born skeptic, and remained skeptical until I installed the custom dial and proceeded to hit everything I shot at from 240-600 yards with factory Hornady ammo. I am amazed at the accuracy and simplicity of the CDS system. I'm putting another one on my Sako Finnbear 7mag as we speak.

Back