Leupold RX-1000 opinions

fishing4sanity

I'm looking at Leupold's RX1000 rangefinder, any experiences you've had with them would be appreciated. I had a Nikon 800 that I was happy with and then apparently left them somewhere in Colorado:mad:, so comparisons between the Nikon and Leupold would be helpful as well.

I have used the RX-1000 for the last three years. Very happy with them. Many different modes for each situation you might be using it for. Different brightness settings in the display output. Very light and durable.

Good luck with your search.

I really like mine as well. They are easy to use and seem to be able to pick up objects in the open better than my old bushnells. As with any small hand helds they have their limits but for anything I'm going to shoot they are awesome. I too have a rangefinder on a ridge in Alaska:(

I have used the RX-1000 for the last three years. Very happy with them. Many different modes for each situation you might be using it for. Different brightness settings in the display output. Very light and durable.

Good luck with your search.

Do you use the regular or TBR version?

I have used both. Like them both very much. The TBR is very handy in the mountains when shooting at steep angles.

What is the distance in your best guess that this unit will range a deer/elk/sheep versus a reflective object?

What is the distance in your best guess that this unit will range a deer/elk/sheep versus a reflective object?

Hmmmm. Good question. I ranged an elk at 453 yards last year, that we decided to get closer to. Never really tried anything beyond that, so I don't really know.

If it's across a canyon I'd say you'll get a good number from 400-600 yds pretty easily. The flat ground stuff can be a bit more tricky. Like an antelope in the open grassland I'd say 300-400. It's not so much the unit not working as it is the fact that it's hard to hold those little rangefinders steady enough. I mentioned earlier that I like this one a lot better than my old bushnell and it is for this very reason. I couldn't hardly get a number on flat land and with this one I seem to be able too up to those yardages I mentioned.

Maybe I'll take mine out this weekend and try ranging some of the local cattle in the flat fields and then I can give you a better idea for sure.

Just bought a RX-1000 TBR the other day. I have been able to range trees out past 900 yrds. Very impressed. My old range finder struggled to read an opposing hillside over 500yrds.

The only thing that i do not like about mine is that when it is very bright outside you cannot see the red display very well maybe its just me but that is the only problem i have with it....great unit.

The only thing that i do not like about mine is that when it is very bright outside you cannot see the red display very well maybe its just me but that is the only problem i have with it....great unit.

I have noticed this as well. Doesn't happen often but can be a little hard to see in certain light conditions. Otherwise it's the best I've owned.

Just got my Leupold rangefinder, I really like the compact size and clarity of the optics. Thanks for the input guys and a big thanks to Pat, aka schmalts, at Predator Optics, it's nice to have a fellow Hunt Talker hook you up with a great deal.
IMG_5014.jpg
Now if I can just keep from leaving this little beauty on some remote ridge like the last rangefinder.:D

Leupold just sent me one of those. Very sweet rig. The display options are even better than before, and that was pretty darn good.

Leupold just sent me one of those. Very sweet rig. The display options are even better than before, and that was pretty darn good.
Sounds like Randy has better connections than I do.:D I still feel darn good about the deal schmalts got me, but I still wish I had Big Fin's connections - I think I'm just lacking too much in the personality and skills department to have a show that anyone would watch.;)

Big Fin- Will it range pronghorns at 600yds on a flat ground on a sunny day? The LRFs I've been around, this seems to be a bit of a tough job for them.

Big Fin- Will it range pronghorns at 600yds on a flat ground on a sunny day? The LRFs I've been around, this seems to be a bit of a tough job for them.

I suspect that would be a good test for all LRFs. I have not tried it, but will try it this year and see what happens.

I think it would be hard to see one at that range on flat ground if the heat waves were extreme, let alone range one. On those days I try to gain some small amount of elevation, if at all possible.

how does the leupold range finders work when trying to get a reading through grass or like a screen of a blind? i had a bushnell chuck adams edition and that thing would give me a reading even if there was a little grass between me and the speed goat. i only archery hunt so i am looking at either the leupold tbr 750 or the nikon archers choice. any insight would be greatly appreciated

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
believeinyourself
Back