Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Let it begin!

Antler King

Been out a few times this year so far with the dog. Most of the deer are still packing both sides but I have seen a lot with a single antler as well. The hard winter should make for easy picking this year. Seems to be pretty tough on the animals though.

Attachments

• Antler - Sheds 047.jpg
    Antler - Sheds 047.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 671
  • Antler - Sheds 003.jpg
    Antler - Sheds 003.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 667
  • Antler - Sheds 031.jpg
    Antler - Sheds 031.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 660
  • Antler - Sheds 008.jpg
    Antler - Sheds 008.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 664
  • Antler - Sheds 034.jpg
    Antler - Sheds 034.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 657
That shed in the water is cool looking. I usually find several myself but there are all in the sage brush.

Nice finds Antler King ! I've been waiting on you to post more of your finds. I'm still impressed from your "yard" pic of horns. Nice dog work too.
That's going to be my next dog - an antler dog.

That's awesome. Is your dog trained to find sheds without you pointing them out?

Yea he does pretty well. Last year he found 76 on his own. Now thats he's 3 years old I'm hoping he does better than last year, still having a little bit of trouble with him chasing mice though.

Thats pretty cool about your dog. How did you do train him? I've never actually heard anything like that.

On a side note I noticed your from Ronan I have a ton of family in that area and lived there for awhile when I was younger. It is a beautiful area. Where do you do your shed hunting if you don't mind me asking?

I tried to train my lab to be an antler dog.. She was 4 at the time. Didn't work out too well. I think I need to start with a pup.

Might have to see if my pup would be up to fetching antlers sometime after the snow melts. Neat idea.

Finally went out tonight here in SW MT, everything I saw had both antlers still. I'm sure some have dropped but I didn't find any.

Cool finds, how does it look like the buck in the last pic died?

I couldn't tell due to the condition of the deer, but since I have found dead bucks in the area before I would say it died from poachers since the patch of timber is bordered on 3 sides by county roads and spotlighters seem to frequent the area.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back