Muzzleloader question

drahthaar

OK, I don't know ANYTHING about these guns. Are they worth anything? Or are they kind of like compound bows, just not worth even trying to sell after a while. I have a rem 700 ML, and some Traditions Evolution LD NIB. I am never going to use them, at least I don't know when, or why I would. I bought the Rem in IA when I lived there, shot it about 6 times and that was it, and won the Traditions as a door prize at a gun show. They are just taking up space right now.

or

Should I hang on to one in case MT ends up with some Muzzy season?

Last edited:
OK, I don't know ANYTHING about these guns. Are they worth anything?

No, send to me.;)

Seriously, I've learned my lesson about selling guns. Keep em.

Not real familiar with those particular guns. I have 2 in-lines from Knight and love them both. We usually switch off every other year between black powder and rifle just for the challenge. Last year shot a nice bull & buck with the 300 WSM, and did the same this year with blackpowder, all open sights and exposed nipple here in Washington. You can switch back and forth in Montana from rifle to blackpowder within the same season can't you? I'd definatley keep one and atleast give it a shot.

they are worth probably less than a rifle would be new percentage wise because both are less desirable brands of muzz. But, still try and see if you can get maybe 70% of new cost for the un-fired one and go down from there.
BTW, both of those are made by the same company more than likely. Traditions was making the Remington guns for them at one point and may still be. If it is stamped "made in Spain" it is the same factory. I have a NIB traditions too, and i couldn't get much for it so I decided I will just keep it and let someone use it if they needed to borrow one for a hunt.

Thanks guys. I was curious. And yes harley, I have regretted it almost every time I got rid of a gun. I just don't have much interest in muzzies. But who knows.

I have a Remington 700ML, it is an exceptional shooter and easy to load, clean etc. I would think twice about selling the one you have. It won't go down in value much, the new ones keep climbing up in price.

The MZ can make you mad until you make that shot that hit every time be it 10'then 20' then you get my drift stick with it.

I enjoy hunting with my muzzleloaders,though it has been sparingly.There are a number of reasons I find it satisfying.I started hunting later in life,though its been over twenty years now, with bow and muzzleloader.After a few years of frustration I relented and bought a hunting rifle.But the attraction to the challenge still remains,and the muzzleloader falls nicely between a high powered rifle and archery.As far as I am concerned if you hunt with a center-fire rifle, if you see game in range its generally a tagged animal.Not much challenge,no real learning curve.B.P. takes a commitment and can be maddening,but when you work the kinks out its a whole lot of fun.I'd hang on to those weapons just in case.As a young man learning the ropes,I killed a moose with a .50 cal Hawkin/roundball which was a thrill,along with a handful of deer.Now some years later after inflicting substantial damage with rifles I find myself coming back around to blackpowder hunting.

Critter-- 2 is enough for me, but thanks. Too bad, my hunting partner has been looking for one but just picked one up about 3 weeks ago, getting harder to find. They shoot perfect but are pain to clean.

the remington should be a keeper,i believe that is a open ignition inline isnt it,getting hard to find those for states like oregon and colorado that have strict muzzle loader regs////sell the traditions though.

Take one of them out and hunt with it. I'm hooked on the damn things and love hunting with them. I chased moose with one this fall, and wished I would have brought it on my sheep hunt as originally planned. Next year...

yes,oregon requires ignition to be visible and open to the elements,alot of these new muzzleloaders that break open like a thopson center tc encore are illegal for oregon muzz hunts.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back