Caribou Gear

Another H-u-g-e Ariz. Antelope ...

Lv2hnt

Well, Dr. David Meyers (Arizona conservation tag holder) did it again in Arizona this past week-end. Hunting with Vaquero Outfitters and Pronghorn Guide Service, he put the hammer down on an absolutely enormous buck! Holey-Moley ...

I saw pictures of the buck a week or so ago. It's not small.

Oh come on Miller jeez..Haven't you seen some of the photos of wildlife that guy's taken in recent years.. ugh. Apparently he passed on a world record caliber 6 point elk this summer. He's gotta be quite an outdoorsman.

I was being facetious, but he's probably got an AZ auction permit for elk.

I am curious. Does anybody know what somebody like that actually pays for these auction permit animals?? Not just the permit, but to fund multiple outfitters and guides to find the largest animal in a given state... along with tips, etc. What could/has a guy get or got for a tip for say putting a wealthy person on some of these crazy big auction permit animals??

anyone.. anyone..??

Tag 97K, guides=10k(for both). Guessing on the guides, but probably close. They may not charge anything for auction tag holders though. Free advertising when you guided the last 4 world record antelope. The one tag did go for 97k. that I know.

I was being facetious, but he's probably got an AZ auction permit for elk.
To the best of my knowledge, he doesnt. One has already been killed, and the other one is held by Schuff, and have not heard anything about that one.

He killed a big AZ Strip buck this year:

00small10735896.JPG

This is my guess.

19 inch length. Mass of 7, 7, 4.5, and 3.5, with a 6.5" prong..
X2 equals 95 inches gross. So I'd say maybe a world record contender.
I had 2 other photos to look at, I figured 7.5 below the prong and 11.5 above.

Scores about 17" more than anything I've seen so far this year.

Back