Sat phones

Jic

anyone have a Globalstar? If so are you having problems with reception/coverage due to their satellite problems. They want me to continue service for 19.99/month but their is no guarentee that when I need to use it a functional satellite will be anywhere near. Anyone switched to Iridium?

I used one all summer in CO in 2005, and that was enough for me to know I'll never pay to use one again. If I were going to buy one today, it would be an Iridium.

The agency I work for has several. They have basically been useless the past couple years due to reception probelms, satellites, etc. I know a few were considering a switch to Iridiums but I'm not sure they ever have. I don't have any experience with the Iridiums however.

Without exception, every outfitter and guide from Alaska I have spoken to has told me the same thing. Iridium is the way to go. Even the Biologist from fish and game says the same. 1 went so far as to say that globalstar could get you killed.
I also contacted a surveying outfit in Anchorage about rentals for my moose hunt and got more of the same. Only Iridium is recommended.

Just got an email about this very issue. Numerous folks I work with are switching right now due mainly to poor service with Globalstar, both reception and customer service wise. Lots of unkept promises for expanded Globalstar service going no where. Rep for GS even recomended Iridium.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brutus56
Back