Internal frame Daypacks

A-con

So what do you use for a daypack?
I’m thinking of something that will pack some optics and survival gear, around 2000 inches.
Not for overnight , just long day hunts, hauling fifteen to twenty Lbs, covering as far as my fat azz will hike.

So far my short list includes ;

Eberlestock X-1
http://www.eberlestock.com/introducing_the_x__project.htm

Horn Hunter Mainbeam
http://www.sophuntinggear.com/hornhunter/site.pl?page=hh01

Any comments on these two, or another pack that should make the short list ?

Is the Eberlestock quick draw back scabbard a big advantage ?

How easy is to extract your rifle from the eberle? Do you need to take it off for replacing the rifle in the scabbard...safely?

I'm got the Horn Hunter Mainbeam. I love it for just a daypack. Enough room for a days worth of stuff, great pocket setup, and its comfortable. The gear gripper things for holding a bow or a gun aren't great and the frame is a plastic sheet, but its stiff enough for 20 lbs, no problem. I packed a quarter of a mule deer out of a nasty canyon last fall and it did fine for that also. Wasn't exactly what it was designed for, but it worked and I'd do it again if I had to. I like this pack much more than some of the more popular brands on the market.

Have the x-1 used it about 10 days last year.I had about 15 -20lbs in it most of the time.It worked well for me but don't think it would be very comfortable with an elk qtr or boned deer.But do like the fact I can carry a gun or bow or both hands free.That being said still have the x-1 but will be trying the badlands 2800 this year mainly because I have a few overnighters planned and if successful would like to bring a load out.

If you aren't carrying a Mystery Ranch pack you might as well go all out and go Hello Kitty. This is my second favorite. Check out all the matching apparel you can get with it. Hello Kitty Packs If anything, you'll fuggin look cool.

Yes, but is Hello Kitty as cool as Dora the Explorer or Polly Pockets ? Remember, I'm from California, they issue us pink daypacks as soon as we enter Jr Hi school.

If you aren't carrying a Mystery Ranch pack you might as well go all out and go Hello Kitty. This is my second favorite. Check out all the matching apparel you can get with it. Hello Kitty Packs If anything, you'll fuggin look cool.

I bet you will be sighted this fall wearing that shit, and some frog shoes..

Back