Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

April/May Eastman's Sheep Edition

Ovis

Anybody have a copy of this on hand? I'd like to hear the specifics of the 44" dall sheep that was killed in Alaska last year. Curious if it was taken in the Chugachs.

2043891Curtsram.jpg

The article doesnt say where it was killed.

It doesnt really look like a chugach ram, but its a dandy for sure.

I agree...looks more like a Brooks, but the biologist in Glenallen was telling a buddy of mine about a 44" ram that was taken last year in a drainage over from where I hunted several years ago. This is the last season it will be open before going to a draw.

Does the article say anything about him hunting with another guy who took a ram?

Pretty sure he was solo last year, but it has been some time since I read the article. I think the magazine is currently at the office. If I turn it up tomorrow I can mail it off if you would like.

Ovis, the guy that shot this ram was solo. I was reading on another forum recently about the ram your buddy is talking about. I believe the other ram they shot was half-curl (not legal).

I think I read somewhere that the ram in the picture came from the Alaska Range, but I might be mistaken.

Okay Oak, that is what I heard...the second guy shot a sub-legal ram. So this the ram the bio was talking about. I've seen the pic before, in fact, I have it saved to my computer. Well, I know exactly where it came from.

I read the article. I don't believe it mentions the area but it was definetly a solo hunt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1sockeye2
Back