Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

How'd it go OAK and BUZZ ?!?!

Moosie

Grand poopa
As I get in from Cutting the grass and weeding some in the yard I'm thinking about you two out chasing bone. Fill me in on how ya did when you get back !!

Story tomorrow. Too tired tonight.

4-21-07.jpg

Nice job fella's. I wish I could find that many elk sheds on one trip. I think I have found that many in my hole lifetime.

Buzz and I saw a herd of bulls in a pretty inaccessible location when we were deer shed hunting a month ago. We hiked in yesterday to see if it was as good as we thought it would be. The hike to the top was 3 hours, with a 2300' elevation gain according to my GPS. We found quite a few, but there are still a bunch of antlers on the mountain. We left the truck at 7:20am and got back at 9:20pm with about 100 pounds of antler. In other words, this antler hunt would kill the average man. ;)

We saw lots of Dusky Grouse strutting throughout the day.

Grouse1.jpg

You know this guy.

Buzz1.jpg

We came back with 21 elk and 2 deer.

Driveway1.jpg

Buzz found a cool matched set with a funky base on one side.

Funky1.jpg

Funky2.jpg

Cool Roy with his cool set.

Buzz2.jpg

Nice work guys. You did better than I did this weekend. Hiked quite a ways for three muley antlers. I think most, if not all, the elk in the area I was were cows and calves. The other thing is that my area apparently began getting pounded by horsemen very early this year.

It was a good day, but could have been better if we didnt have to look in fog and snow for 2-3 hours.

Wish we would have had one more full day...we would have really cleaned some house.

Theres always next year...that place is so difficult to get into I doubt anyone will look there.

Its fun finding more antlers than your partner...in particular in his secret antler area...gotta like that.

Must be nice having such a generous antler hunting partner. Always sending you into the best areas and all...

Think I found access into our new "secret area" tonight. Just slightly less difficult than this spot.

How slightly less difficult?

What about that area across the canyon with all the elk on it? Any easy way in there?

Just curious, not being an antler hunter and all, but, what do you do with all of those??

I sell most of mine. You don't want to know what Buzz does with his.

Jose, we're in a temporary rental until the wife and I find a house. I'll (maybe) spend time on the landscaping when it's mine. I'd rather pay one of your compatriots $8/hr though.

Nice haul guys! Didn't recognize Buzz there for a minute...normal hat and all ;) Great trip it sounds like.

Terry....ROUNDUP! :D

WOW.. I finaly get back to the net and See you guys scored WELL !!!

Thats some Awesome bone you guys got !!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back