MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

My Wife's Africa Trip

Muleyslyr

Bambi.....rather than hyjacking your thread, I thought I would go ahead and start another. She went to Namibia back in Oct. with her dad....(I stayed home with the kids hump ) Next Oct./07 is my turn though! hump

Anyway we practiced shooting with her pretty much all summer. She definately became an Excellent shot. Seven of the eight animals she shot were one shot kills. She did absolutely amazing for her first time actually hunting. She's gone with me several times in the 14yrs. we've been together, and obviously grew up around it with her dad. She now has become one of us. ;)

She was there for 2 weeks so you can imagine the story(s)....so I'll just put up the pics instead, in no particular order. Hope you guys enjoy......

IMG_0150.jpg

IMG_0152.jpg

IMG_0171.jpg

IMG_0143.jpg

IMG_2024.jpg

The Gemsbok below was her first animal and since it was only male she decided to have it European mounted. She was able to take the one above a couple days later, a female, and will have that one mounted.

PICT0158.jpg

IMG_0169.jpg

IMG_0161.jpg

Thats a pile of great animals. Congrats to your wife!

Are you going to Nam?

My wife went with me on my trip as well, and also shot her fist big game animal on the trip. Made a perfect shot from about 125 yards on a nice wildebeest. She now wants to take a 'slam' of beests. LOL We'll see, I have something in the works and a Niassa wildebeest might just be in the cards for her in the next couple years. Got my fingers crossed, will know more about it in a few months.

Anyway, here is a shot of the wifes critter. We saw one that was possibly a little better than this one, but couldnt' get on him. When she asked if I thought this one should be shot, I said either you shoot him or I will! LOL he's 29.5" wide and has 15" bosses.

wildebeest.jpg

Is the Blck Muscle shirt for Women the Attire there ? ;)

Kudos to your wife man !!!! Awesome animals.

..and your wife's middle name is Diana? If not, it should be. She is a great huntress. Awesome collection of critters..

:cool:

Thanks for the words guys....she/I appreciate it. She has helped my skin, pack, and even gut a few of my animals over the years, but being that she was the one behind the rifle this time was pretty cool. She is left-handed BTW, so had to buy her a new 300 WSM. ;) Unbelievable how accurate it and she is with it.

Bambi....yes, I'm going to Namibia also, same time. I'll have to put deer huntin' on hold here in WA. for a year. Oh well! :) Hoping to take a coupla' different critters that she wasn't able to while I'm there.

Moosie.....The black tank top must be like a "husband beater" since the "wife beater" tanks are white. ;) I think since it was between 90-100 degrees everyday tank tops were the thing, especially with clothes being washed everyday.

Thanks again.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwaller4449
Back