Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Funny home deal :)

Moosie

Grand poopa
So... a house went for sale 4 doors down from my place and I though, Ahh that would be kick "A" to move my parents there. So, I looked at the Sales price. $219,900. A little high for the size but I figured I'd offer a little under and see.....

Well I got busy and nothing happened at my end. I had sold the Place I had bought for my mom, Moved another renter out to move my mom in there and friday was my move date. So, I drove by the house for sale yesterday and ...whats this ? thry lowered the price. $209,900. NICE !!

I called the people , looked at the house, had Mojave and MOM look at it and we all liked it.

Now for the house offer. Why in the world would they list things for 209,900 why not 210,000 ? "ON SALE NOW !!! $99.99" , Hey, I'm no idiot, I know thats 100 Bucks, 99-99 is the same thing !!

So I figured, I can do the same thing. I offered them $202,222 I wanted to add the .22 at the end but My agent was imbasassed as it was :D :D

Anyways, their agent called up this morning wondering if I was some Mathamatition, And was Laughing... Long story short they accepted the offer.

Pretty Kick ASS. I'm putting 20% down. thats $40,444.40 HAHHA Thats funny too. Anyways, I had a Good laugh so I thought I'd share ;)

I'm having a hard time figuring out the funny part of your story Moosie, but at least it beats reading the healthy serving of Spam on this forum of late.

...and you close, when?

I figure I found out this much on here, I'll just get the whole story with this thread.

Mojave said:
...and you close, when?

.... I wanted to wait till Nov 21st till I got back from AK.. but they want me to close earlier. Now I close the 9th of Nov. |oo :BLEEP: Hell, thats 3 weeks for Funding..... I just called the Lender today. The computer said I owe too much. :W: Something about me only making so much and Oweing more then that... Debt to ratio...BLAH.... BLAH.... BLAHH.... I heard that crap 6 houses ago ;) Hell I'm down from 950k to 750k in debt, I make 18k a year net, I can do the math, pleanty of coins..... geshhhh ;)

I think banks should lend anyone money if they have a 700+ credit score and 20% down payment.... :confused: Anyways, Lender said they'll get it for me.... They better :wank:

Why in the world would they list things for 209,900 why not 210,000 ?

It is a strategy employed buy many agents to gain more attention to a home on the market. An individual may refuse to spend >/=$210K on a house, but anything else would be negotiable. When an agent (or an individual searching the internet) puts the parameters in the search database (ex. $180K - $209,999) the $209,900 house would be one of a number of matches. More common numbers are $199K, $209K, $219K, etc.

Very cool how things worked out for you.
We just closed on a home last Friday, so now I understand what a pain in the a$$ the whole ordeal can be.
Not too sure about moving my mother in next door though...
You must be a hell of a lot nicer than I am. ;)

Ovis, thanx for the explanation but I was jsut Funnin' in the post. I know why they do that. It's the same thing I see all the time were an item can be $4.25 each or 2 for $9.99, WOW, 2 for under 10 bucks ? I'm buying two !!!! ;)

justadad, If you ever met my mom you'd want her next door too.

MtMiller..... I was sitting up all night wondering if they would have. I bet they might have ? I know they wanted out of it bad. Problem was we drove by 2 other times durringthe day and 2 diferent realitors were looking at it with clients. I'll all about being funny and trying stuff but I really wanted the place too :D

"I'm having a hard time figuring out the funny part of your story Moosie"

The numbers man... the numbers !!! :p

Moosie, I would have sold you my house for $204,999, the guy that bought it from us, is trying to sell it for $239,999, I think he's crazy.

Markets on a correction here right now. Your house wasn't worth 204k anyways, I might have offered you 202,666 ..... :)

You still owe me $60 Beotch !! :D

Mooseman's gotta start calling in the markers so he can afford this thing. :D

My house wasn't worth the 165 I paid for it, but thanks Boise housing market for making me a rich man.hump

Mojave said:
Mooseman's gotta start calling in the markers so he can afford this thing. :D

MArkers ? I have a Few smalls ones. $60 here, $800 there (At least those are ones I'm going to get I'm preaty sure).

I have a "Marker" out there that I'm getting hosed on right now... Makes the 60 bones look like $0.60. They say when you leand money not to expect it back.... I'm an Idiot ! ! ! !

(Strike that last comment from the record) :D

Moosie said:
Ovis, thanx for the explanation but I was jsut Funnin' in the post. I know why they do that. It's the same thing I see all the time were an item can be $4.25 each or 2 for $9.99, WOW, 2 for under 10 bucks ? I'm buying two !!!! ;)

You lie, you didn't know about that until I told you. ;)

Congrats on your purchase. I hope your mom is one of those tenants that calls and tells you every time a light bulb burns out and a spider walks across the floor.:p
As long as you have all those markers out there how about another. I just need a little bit, about say 150,000 for limited time;) I will give you the title to my 12 year old son to hold for collateral (spelling)

Vinnie B said:
Congrats on your purchase. I hope your mom is one of those tenants that calls and tells you every time a light bulb burns out and a spider walks across the floor.:p

Oh you've met my Mom then? :D

Sorry on the Coins, I'm as Broke now and HArry potters broomstick when hit by the whompin' Willow .... (WOW, That was nerdy ;) )

I won't have a Problem killing her spiders. I also won't have a Problem borrowing the Riding lawnmover that I'm gonig to tell her she needs so I can Cut our grass with it too :D :D

I'm jsut looking foward to the Fresh weekly cookies ...... :D :D

Vinnie B said:

Just because my sister Mojave is a Primadona doesn't mean my mom is ;)

Cookies have good health for hunting... Milk, and some other good stuff I'm sure ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jacolleen
Back