Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

FS: Winchester Model 1890 .22WRF

krshunter

I am trying to help a friend sell this little rifle. I'll give the details I know and provide pictures upon request. The rifle is a Winchester Model 1890 Second Model Takedown Frame in .22 WRF, Ser# 179XXX. He said the Cody Firearms Museum dated it at 1899. It has the 24" octagon barrel and something unique about the stamping on the top of the barrel. I'm open to thoughts on this but going to research it also. It is stamped with both a Winchester and Browning Bros. stamp on it. Gun is in excellent mechanical condition, metal is in great shape with only a few minor dings and wood is in great shape. I would rate the metal and the wood both at 90%+. The blueing however is not original. It was case colored and a family member had it redone with a standard blueing so I don't know where to put the value because of it. Any suggestions on what this does to the value? He's looking for good reasonable offers. I would say because of the rebueing maybe down to 50% or 60%, but don't know. Thanks.

Nice originals sell in the neighborhood of $1000 with some going over $2000.
The reblue, especially ruining the case coloring, probably knocks the value down to $500 or less. I'd put it up for auction on Gunbroker.com and set a 400 to 500 dollar reserve.

Yep, reblue's knock 50% or better off old guns unless it is done by the factory, and even then you can't get what it would fetch if left original.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back