Caribou Gear Tarp

MT sheep have landed in WY

I was on location the proposed day, but the chopper was sick and didn't leave the ground, so I searched sage-grouse winter habitat instead.

I stayed in the office the next day after the aircraft was ready to fly (EA's for gas ROW's is not as much fun), but another biologist from the office got a few pics.

Unloading
004.JPG

Blind-folded and no one looking. :D
001.JPG

Little blood work.
002.JPG

Wyoming boys putting on some jewelry.
003.JPG

I have some more, but you get the idea.

On another note, my sage-grouse pilot found lots of sage-grouse near this area. Identified winter range for sage-grouse in my area is weak at best, so today was good news. Located about 200 birds today and watched an eagle dining on a male grouse that was too slow. :mad:

Have a good weekend all.

Eagles have to eat, too. ;)

I'll hopefully get to do some work on a telemetry study this year to help map seasonal grouse distribution. Have you ever seen them sew a transmitter on a 2-day old chick?:eek:

Cool pics...

Looks like the same technique we used. Did you trap them from the chopper? We used a drop net after baiting them with hay.

All taken with net guns from the chopper. We don't have those tame sheep around here. ;) :D

We have an island that is used as a source for producing sheep for reintro's. Pretty cool. I like 'em stump broke.

They've been conditioning them to the net and feeding for over a year.

We had a picture show and explanation of this from Calvin Johnson who worked this little rodeo for the MTFWP for our Kiwanis program today. I didn't realize they sent 20 head to Wyo. and 20 head to Nodak.

Anyway he had some really cool pics also.

Nemont

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrGeauxNewMexico
Back