Yeti GOBOX Collection

Need help with first bow

got2hunt

I am looking to get a bow I have decided on 4 major brands, but cant decide on which one yet should I test them first or dcide then try them???

Definately go to your local pro-shop and test shoot them all.......if you find one that feels good in your hand, is in your price range, and is quiet and efficient, then go for it. Nice thing about buying one at your local shop is that they'll help you tune it and can assist you with any problems you may have in the future. Good luck and have fun.

A good shop should let you shoot whatever bows your looking at. Shoot them all then decide.

I agree, go shoot the bows and let the bow choose you.
Start with a list of bows that do what you want it to do, within your price range. Don't forget the accesorys, a $400 bow can turn into a $700 bow after a quiver, sight, arrows and all the other goodies you will want/need.
Totaly disregard all the advertising hype, don't belive 90% of it, just shoot the bows and go with the one that "feels" right.
Also, don't ley anyone "talk" you into a bow just because they like it, whats right for them might not be right for you.

I agree with the rest of them shoot them and you will know which one fits you the best and feels the most comfortable. Good luck and welcome to the club lol it is a blast to shoot archery

You definitely want to shoot the bows before buying. Many newcomers to the sport tend to pick bows with a draw length that's too long and a weight that's too heavy. Try the bow with the release you'll be using when you hunt. Shooting a 70lb. bow in the summer is not the same as shooting a 70lb. bow after setting in a tree stand in sub-zero teemps for three hours.

I am looking to buy the new Hoyt Xtech, would that be to much for a beginner

No real such thing as too much as long as the bow properly fits you, thats the key, making sure your at the right draw length and a comfortable poundage to shoot, nothing where you have to bust your sack to pull it back. I like to take into consideration how the bow grips in my hand and how it balances.

I have a pse nitro. When I get a new 1 it will be an AR.But I'm with A-con.. go shoot them all . Then you will find witch 1 is best for u . elkay

The XTECH is a nice bow--I'd go with the 75% let-off rather than 65%. I personally like the single cam bows but haven't heard any negative comments about the Cam and a half bows.

XTec is a nice bow it was one of the top bows that felt good to me when I bought my new one if it is comfortable and shoots well then that is the one to get. I went with the mathews Switchback and love it and it was a little cheaper even better yet lol

Pro shops are as good as the guys behind the counter.......be careful.......proper shooting form is very important to making sure the bow fits you correctly....draw lengths can determine shooting accuracy as well as equipment efficiency. Be sure you have someone you trust help you and watch you and observe your shooting form...alot of guys get so caught up in alll the new equipment hipe that they forget about the basics....two biggest that i have seen alot of is : be aware of the where your elbow is pointing and be sure not to lock the other elbow ( bow hand ) a slight bend is best!....you will be surprised at the difference in draw length if those two simple basics rules are broken.............most important is have fun dont worry to much about extreme accuracy until you master proper shooting...accuracy comes with practice...just my .02

BTW Xtec is an awesome bow !

I bought a new bow in Feb a Mathews Switchback from my local shop.I went every where I could and shot bows in my price range,Hoyt,PSE,Reflex,Martin,Pearson,Parker,BowTec and so on I probaly shot 200 diffrent bows and many miles on the ol'pickup befor i decided on wich one.I bought local case like stated befor they can help you tune your bow and any ? you have.
Also here is a web site for bow hunter that have some good prices.
www.huntersfriend.com they have some good bow package deals to.
BBJ

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back