Yeti GOBOX Collection

this weeks tournament.

D

Delw

We'll We went even against all odds hehe.
got up at 3 am and it was raining cats and dogs, wind was blowing 20-30 mph and the temp was about 50º. I load up the boat drove to the lake Running the bilge pump all the way to the lake. and it was still pumping out water when I got to the lake. we noticed a few boats heading back to town from the lake, things didnt look good.
We get there and there was only 4 boats, aw what the heck we signed in anyway.we goto unload the boats in the water and we were the only ones there. still raining like cats and dogs.luckly there was some covered boat docks close so we went and hid there to keep out of the rain. While we were there the temp dropped 10 degrees. after waiting 1 hour there was a few more boats. then at 7:00 about 40 more boats showed up ,Mean while me and my buddies were thinking this is nuts. All the local pro's showed up for this one ,and a few from CA.
When we finnaly launched it was 40º and still raining . now are spot was a 10 min boat ride at 60mph from where we launched. I swear it took 20 mins to get there, and rain felt like needles poking in your face.

We got to our spot only to have my partners dad and uncle there first so we fished about 20 yards up from them. they had there limit in the first 40 mins. we only had one.We were drop shotting( which was new to us). The bite was there till about 10am then it turned off.
during the whole time on the lake it rained, hailed, snowed, and the wind blew.
We ended up putting 3 bass in the boat. we threw cranks and drop shotted, but mainley drop shotted the whole day. if only we could have gotten 2 more fish in the boat for a limit we figured we could have done good.

Time for weigh-in , not alot being caught but those who did culled plenty of fish. we weighed in ours and my partners dad and uncle weighed in there limit. our weight was 5.51lbs with a 2.55 bg fish and theres was 10.75lbs. with a 3.5 big fish. Well it turned out we took the top 25, and my partners dad and uncle took 3rd for checks of about $770.
If we would have gotten in all the options we could have taken about 150-250 home but we didnt(next time we will) and the dad and uncle team would have taken an additional 500-900 home.
now the drive home Still raining cats and dogs, light snow and sleet in north phx. when I got to my house there was about 1" on hail on the ground. just one mile north of me there was 4" of hail on the ground. people where making snowmen out of hail it was a site.
Oh forgot to say the pro's in this one where nice and plesant and accutualy talked to people. will I fish the division again, you bet.

Delw

DELW I fished a tourny like that about 6 years ago on Lake Yale(DKO knows)it was a 11am-9pm time tourny.It was ome nasty weather,20-30 mph winds,raining,thunder Tornadoe warnings and the whole bit.My partner and I were ready though.We headed for the North side of the lake out of the wind and caught 5 nice Bass in about 30 minutes.Then I heard Holly Sh$&^ look!! Iturned to look to see a nasty little Water spout dead center of the lake,good thing we were to the north and it headed south.We fish the entire time and brought in 5 bass limit weighting 23#,we placed 11th and took home $35 each.

cool, I would love to see a water spout from a distance..

Delw

DELW the lake wasn't that big.It was maybe 3-4oo yards away.I can say it was neat but the pucker factor set in real fast.

The deepest hole in the lake is maybe 20' deep.That day the depht finder was read 9' the 13' the 9' again then 13'.It was rough but somehow the fish were hungry.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back